When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley GT

db1

damn, just saw a gen bentley GT again today, wearing my own GT , a rep B. BT (racing model with black dial and white subs) i keep noticing that the ONLY really noticable flaw from half a feet distance is the inner bezel which can be clearly seen as thinner on the gen, other than that- the rep is so close to perfect ! even the poor AR of the rep could get away with it as long as they would make a V2 rep with the correct inner bezel.

so whats the big deal? it's really nothing special for a factory to resize the inner bezel a little thinner,

i believe many members , both who currently have this rep, or those who avoided buying cause of the thick inner bezel - would be interested in a V2 version if the inner bezel flaw would be fixed.

i mean, we keep seeing many models improved to almost perfection - is it too much to ask for only V2 bentley GT rep ? with only a slight mod that would make this rep so much better than it is now (while it's already very appealing IMO)

my 2cents

db

Yes the trend is to rep the newest models

The gt has been out for a few years therefore little chance we will see a new rep

There are a few flaws the flaw you mentioned can best be solved by getting a white dial version of the rep

While the white dial still has flaws it is hard to spot the bezel thickness that is obvious on the other dial colors

Yes the trend is to rep the newest models

The gt has been out for a few years therefore little chance we will see a new rep

There are a few flaws the flaw you mentioned can best be solved by getting a white dial version of the rep

While the white dial still has flaws it is hard to spot the bezel thickness that is obvious on the other dial colors

I concur with that..

had the blue dial originally, always twitched whenever i looked at the inner bezel... so i finally got a white dial to do a swap. ;)

Despite the inner bezel flaw (minor imo), it's a beautiful watch. It was my first rep ever and gets the most wrist time. Thanks to DB1 for answering all my quetions and being so helpful throughout my buying process. I have gotten countless looks and compliments where ever I go. Every one, my friends and family are amazed by how gorgeous this timepiece is...The red font (day,date) instead of maroon which is the second flaw, and datewheel being not in line is also not so noticeable, even a friend who wears a gen couldn't tell. I have the black with white subdials, but when i went to a breitling dealer, it seemed that the gen had silver subdials? is the subdial color off in the rep? I would say, buy the watch cus it looks amazing in person. Yes it would be nice if they ever came out with a v2 of this, i would buy it in a heartbeat!

It would be even better if they made the whole bezel properly, with the transfer gear, and the non-rotating crystal. The Cousteau works very much the same so shouldn't be that hard.

I'm also waiting for the new Bentley rubber strap they showed at Baselworld. Check the Japanese Bentley site for the pics of that.