When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your opinion wanted!

Alexcharm

So Ive been in the market for a replica watch fora while and have always been put off by the acknowledgment that the watch is bound to fail within the year or so of purchase, But this story is only true with the 12sec AP time pieces that I used to dwell on. Recently I've decided to take a look at the rolexs and have come across

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlsd10003-super-dwe...362-p-3585.html

or

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss01001-2008-subm...836-p-5012.html

and from the description and price I can tell that from a noobs eyes it seems like an incredible deal.

Now I was wondering what is the RWG communities opinion on a watch like this? I have on a very tight budget and am hoping to squeeze as much bang for my buck as I possibly can.

Thanks in advanced

Alex.

Edited by Alexcharm

They're pretty different watches. The SD doesn't have the classic cyclops...and the Sub is the new one so has the cyclops and the ceramic bezel and the fat CG's.

Personally, I like the SSD. It has it's inaccuracies (font on the bezel is a bit off, usual rep pearl sucks generally) but the weight of the SD compared with the gen is more to my liking. Subs (even the new ones) feel a bit light for me for the most part. If I want light, I'll go with a DJ for the most part.

If you like the ceramic bezel, look for the GMT II...nice!!

They're pretty different watches. The SD doesn't have the classic cyclops...and the Sub is the new one so has the cyclops and the ceramic bezel and the fat CG's.

Personally, I like the SSD. It has it's inaccuracies (font on the bezel is a bit off, usual rep pearl sucks generally) but the weight of the SD compared with the gen is more to my liking. Subs (even the new ones) feel a bit light for me for the most part. If I want light, I'll go with a DJ for the most part.

If you like the ceramic bezel, look for the GMT II...nice!!

thank you for the quick response!

My untrained eye could barley till a difference between the two which is why I put both up. Is the price im paying for these watches up to standards with the quality I am getting? or would you suggest any other websites or models that might hold a bit more legitimacy. I tend to have more standards then money to spend as you can tell haha. So far this website is the one that seems to pretty much gurantee that their watches are as close as gen as they come or so they say.