When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jackson PAM homage watches?

mdw4

I've reached out to Davidsen on a few occasions and haven't heard back from him. I heard another forum referring to Jackson watches. Has anyone dealt with them? How are their reps?

Also, is there a good resource for a place to buy a black 112 sandwich dial?

thanks!

I have bought from Jackson Tse in the past, and his customer service and pricing are top notch. As far as I know, he doesn't do replicas, but strictly homages. Like Houndoggie said, it properly doesn't stack up to a DSN piece, but for 1/5 of the price, I was more than satisfied from what I got from him.

Stuff from Jackson is a great way to "try out" if a certain style PAM watch/look is going to work for you.

I also find that Jackson is a great source for parts - especially hands, cases and sterile sandwich dials to practice on. Now if I could only find someone to brand those dials :)

As well, I really like his titanium cases - extremely light, good CG and low profile.

EDIT: He also just started stocking some great PVD "mini fiddie" cases.

Anyone know if jackson sells sapphire automatic crystals and if they are any good?? Need one for my 240 project in Rexie's vault.

Guest avitt
I also find that Jackson is a great source for parts - especially hands, cases and sterile sandwich dials to practice on. Now if I could only find someone to brand those dials :)

As well, I really like his titanium cases - extremely light, good CG and low profile.

EDIT: He also just started stocking some great PVD "mini fiddie" cases.

I'd like to pick up some rad or mini fiddy style cases for homages, but Jackson only has sapphire crystals to fit the 44mm luminors...Everything else is mineral.

I'd like to pick up some rad or mini fiddy style cases for homages, but Jackson only has sapphire crystals to fit the 44mm luminors...Everything else is mineral.

I think this is a problem, in general, with rep fiddy cases. Not only is it hard to find sapphire crystals, but there is also a problem of some crystals shattering when the case is subject to wide temperature variations.

I am currently thinking about buying a PVD 44mm from Jacksopn and reluming it with "black" lume as a phantom watch...

As I am in Germany and already had some custom troubles with the richmond group, I want to be sure before ordering, that these

unbranded homage watches are legal... does anyone know if they have any rights (like geschmacksmuster) that would

allow them to seize such watches?

Guest avitt
I think this is a problem, in general, with rep fiddy cases. Not only is it hard to find sapphire crystals, but there is also a problem of some crystals shattering when the case is subject to wide temperature variations.

Yeah, I understand that...And it's a shame!

I had the opportunity to disassemble a genuine 233 for DLC coating. There is no replacement for that thick, domed sapphire.

Another homage site I am currently trying:

getat

Hmm. Not sure on that site. Just look at this homage: http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/...635431000023966

He is charging $100 for the same exact watch that Jackson charges $80 for. Not a big deal, but I had that same exact watch from Jackson and I think I paid $80 or something.

jt

Another homage site I am currently trying:

getat

I remember looking at this site a while back, but forgot about it (I've got to sort out all those "Unsorted" bookmarks). I would like to see what their 44mm titanium case is like, compared to Jackson's.

Tanya, I'll email him and ask about sapphire crystals for automatic cases, but he doesn't seem to offer them as an upgrade option - which he does for all his manual winds.

On the subject of sapphire crystals, does anyone know of some suppliers of these?

thanks for the responses all.

does Davidsen make non-branded dials? I think I actually prefer that. I know i'm on RWG, but i'd feel more comfortable wearing a non-branded homage watch than a fake Panerai.

I have bought from Jackson Tse in the past, and his customer service and pricing are top notch. As far as I know, he doesn't do replicas, but strictly homages. Like Houndoggie said, it properly doesn't stack up to a DSN piece, but for 1/5 of the price, I was more than satisfied from what I got from him.

Stuff from Jackson is a great way to "try out" if a certain style PAM watch/look is going to work for you.

thanks for the responses all.

does Davidsen make non-branded dials? I think I actually prefer that. I know i'm on RWG, but i'd feel more comfortable wearing a non-branded homage watch than a fake Panerai.

Yes he does do "homage" watches. If you go to WatchUSeek dot com, and check the "Panerai Homage Watches" thread, you will see many examples of his work.

where do you find the prices listed on the Jackson website? :o

Hmm. Not sure on that site. Just look at this homage: http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/...635431000023966

He is charging $100 for the same exact watch that Jackson charges $80 for. Not a big deal, but I had that same exact watch from Jackson and I think I paid $80 or something.

You have to email him to get pricing.

I think Getat maybe more expensive on some pieces, but they also have more of a selection and the ability to customize you watch to a degree. Supposedly, Getat has better lume (JT lume sucks).

"Sucks"? It doesn't exist! You bring it into a well lit room and the lights go dim. It's the "black hole" of lume jobs.