When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jackson PAM homage watches?

mdw4

well for the moment i went with a jackson watch. i would, however, like to find a place that sells a 112-type sandwich dial (prefer that '12) and definitely plan to redo the loom on the numbers (hands are fine). the strap that came with it is a lot nicer than i thought. i do have a strap culture strap on order already tho. build quality seems great, especially for what it cost. not sure how long it will last, but at the price jackson charges, they're practically disposable.

what mods would you suggest doing do the watch?

please pardon the iPhone pics

IMG_0545-vi.jpg

IMG_0546-vi.jpg

IMG_0549-vi.jpg

Cheers,

M

Pretty good pics for an iPhone :)

Since it's an "homage", the mods are just a matter of personal taste. Re-luming, pressure testing and servicing by one of the established modders will turn that "disposable" into something you may star babying.

what's the lume like on your jackson watch?

can you post some pics of the lume?

cheers

PD

well for the moment i went with a jackson watch. i would, however, like to find a place that sells a 112-type sandwich dial (prefer that '12) and definitely plan to redo the loom on the numbers (hands are fine). the strap that came with it is a lot nicer than i thought. i do have a strap culture strap on order already tho. build quality seems great, especially for what it cost. not sure how long it will last, but at the price jackson charges, they're practically disposable.

IMG_0545-vi.jpg

IMG_0546-vi.jpg

IMG_0549-vi.jpg

Cheers,

M

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0545-vi.jpg

IMG_0546-vi.jpg

IMG_0549-vi.jpg

Cheers,

M

I'm trying to figure out which watch this is on his site. It looks like the MM93 but yours looks like it has bolder numbers...do you remember by any chance?

The boys at home are on a homage kick and have been buying quite a bit from jackson and getat. Jackson's dials are ten bucks each!

The watches at getat are great value for money, review of their 47mm Radiomir HERE Getat's latest offerings HERE The straps on the ones from Getat are worth the price of the watch, no kid. They are available seperatly as well.

Col.

• 1 month later...

I have a MM132, pam homage in titanium that i got from jacksontse with sapphire.

Would liked to have Chieftang's AR-coating on it.

I wonder if its real sapphire on this one? If its not real I dont think its worth it.

Can somebody do a stress test on the crystal?

I have a MM132, pam homage in titanium that i got from jacksontse with sapphire.

Would liked to have Chieftang's AR-coating on it.

I wonder if its real sapphire on this one? If its not real I dont think its worth it.

Can somebody do a stress test on the crystal?

Did you ask for Sapphire crystal, when you purchased it? If you did, it is. Jackson's Sapphire is thinner than others, but it is real Sapphire - I have a couple of his crystals myself.

Did you ask for Sapphire crystal, when you purchased it? If you did, it is. Jackson's Sapphire is thinner than others, but it is real Sapphire - I have a couple of his crystals myself.

Yes I asked for it. But I have to be sure. You never know...

Ok thanks, but thats good news. :)

You say its thinner than others. How thin compared to others and does it have a practical effect or something?

re: the Lume, I believe Getat is developing dials and hands with the V10 lume as he's been listening to the RWG1.1 boys about what they want. If he can sort it out, they'll easily be worth the extra money over the jackson stuff! Although both are great for the money :)