When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Wondering On How Expensive Is Original ..

2005SUBMARINER

hey guys does any one know the price of original quartz movements on gen , tags , omegas & other highend swiss gen watches ?

just trying to break down the value on buying an original watch .. :whistling:

cause my friend bought an original tag link quartz & i looked at the tic of the swiss quartz movement & it looks like crap :thumbdown: si im trying to find out the break down price of an original quartz watch , if its realy worth its value ..

just trying to break down the value on buying an original watch .. :whistling:

cause my friend bought an original tag link quartz & i looked at the tic of the swiss quartz movement & it looks like crap :thumbdown: si im trying to find out the break down price of an original quartz watch , if its realy worth its value ..

Picture this: An ETA2836 replica is around $150, so if the quartz watch was over $150 cheaper than the equivalent automatic, it's worth it. :Jumpy:

I remember rushing to my watchmaker (some years back now) with some water damage to my Tag Heuer 4000. He always let me watch him work, and took mischevious delight in showing me the quartz movement inside my watch and holding up an identical movt in a sealed little baggie, raising an eyebrow, winking and saying "just £18 my friend" :lol:.

I appreciated the irony and we've since become good friends.

about rep quartz ive been told its not worth it, yet theres a tag golf around for 200 but i wouldnt trust the complex buckle as i have been told

i own a gen tag 2000 quartz, 700usd, has been working for 6 years perfectly, yet it endures any type of scratch and thousands of bangs with walls and what not, very solid quality watch, 6 years of intense use from beach to snow, to falling from a motorcycle and looks new. ill possibly buy a new 100 bux strap and sell it as new if its possible

rep quartz = worth it.

gen quartz = worth it up to a point.

i have several 'SWISS MADE' quartz gens but they are low end <$1000 list and i even paid much less than that for any of them. so a rep quartz is worth it up to a point. at a certain $$$ point i would start looking for a automatic movement watch. lots of gens come with 7750, 2836 2892/3 for less than $1000usd. i have a rep quartz that listed for $595(Sector) picked it up for about $150usd NIB. and i know tag uses the same movment in some of their watches for >$1000usd. my 2c.

j

In my Jules Borel catalog, the price range for ETA quartz movements are $7 - $220 (under 1 mm thick), however the vast majority of them are in the $19 - $27 range.

I bought my wife a new gen silver-face Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz last Feb. and the quality and craftsmanship is VERY nice...I think I paid $795 on the bay. The ticking of the second hand isn't exactly pretty to look at, but the fit and finish of the watch is impressive.

You've got to remember how much marketing and distribution costs figure into the price as well. If you really want to get sick, wrap your head around the actual material and production costs of your favorite soda or even worse, bottled water.