When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hours subdial always running on my carrera.. why?

pollux.cc

hey folks, i got my Carrera few months ago from a wholesaler in Guangzhou. It's a beauty and i can hardly spot any flaws EXCEPT that the hours subdial is ALWAYS RUNNING! thats not supposed to happen right? At first it stopped halfway short before '6', but after a few days it started running all the way. its accurate, but it shouldnt be running when the chrono is off right? :p I dont know if its also an issue, but when the subdial is more progressed, like beyond the '5' position, the first push on the reset button doesnt reset it all the way back, i would need to reset it another time to get it fully back to the '12'. there are no issues with the other subdials.

what could be the cause? im going to take it back to that place to a watchsmith to have it fixed, it would help if i had an idea of what is possibly wrong with it. thanks folks

attachments: 1 photo, note the subdial at 6 while the chrono is not activated

post-22430-1246904192_thumb.jpg

This is a normal issue with the 7750 ( Asian as well as ETA). I have had used gens as well as fresh replicas with this issue..

From what I remember, the chrono hours counter is held in place by a brake when the chrono is not used. If the brake lever is slightly dirty, it does not manage to prevent the chrono hours counter from running. A movement service will cure it. There are more info in the 7750 movement guide. :)

Nice watch by the way!

Thank you guys, its what i thought. now i can tell that chinese watchsmith exactly what to do, thanks again.

love this watch its my fav now i wear it every day :)

hehe just got back, my watchsmith will do a full service, regulating, pressure test, etc oh yes and fixing it :D