When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe Rep -- Need Your Expert Help again :)

Bande

As you all predicted, buying my first rep (TT BCE) just got my hungry for my second. Since everyone was so helpful on me getting my first one, thought I would go back to the proverbial well. B)

I want a dressier watch, one I can wear with a suit -- love my TT BCE but seems a bit clunky with a suit. I have always like Patek Philippe's but the information on the reps seems sketchy and somehwat negative in general. That said, I went to the Polo's site (the new appntice rep) and saw this watch http://www.prowatch-polo.com/showpic.asp?ArticleID=368 listed as a PP Chronograph. It is fairly expensive ($298) so was curious as to your expert opinions on: (a) Is it likely to last - - never heard of the "Lemania manual working chronograph movement" and (B) what do you guys think of it in general/is there someting you think is better for my dress watch?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Lemania is generally a good movement however no experience with a lemania chrono...I would stay away from PP reps as I have never seen one come close to the gens... My father has a couple of gens and the secret of PP is their thinness...All pp reps look like towering bigmacs on your wrist while a PP complication is almost impossibly thin....

Guest Carl

You can get a more plausible PP rep. PP tends to be a bit more conservative in their style.

I have no problem wearing this one with a suit.

post-180-1247014984_thumb.jpg

It's very thin.

Of course you can get this in gold also.

But sometimes less is more. That's why I like it.

Carl

You can get a more plausible PP rep. PP tends to be a bit more conservative in their style.

I have no problem wearing this one with a suit.

post-180-1247014984_thumb.jpg

It's very thin.

Of course you can get this in gold also.

But sometimes less is more. That's why I like it.

Carl

I agree with less is more -- very nice watch. This is why I likthis forum - -was sold hard on the one I pasted, now reconsidering. :p

HMMM although it may look good from the front most PP reps are dead give-aways when looking at the strap and or from the side....

I wear this one with a white t-shirt and jeans on Sundays...

unofrtunately...It a gen....In the process of being passed down from my father...Its my favorite of all my reps, (stupid to say I know) because NOBODY knows what it is; except the father's of girls that invite me over to family BBQs.

The best replica Pateks I have seen were genuine solid gold vintage watches redialed as Patek.

Because Patek had so many case designs throughout the years, these will pass as genuine most of the time.

Rectangles and squares are the easiest to get by with. Two hand quartz are good too, and a lot less trouble.