When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Jumbo - Rose Gold

Hi so i just bought my first rep watch from tazzman here on the forum!

Cant wait for it to get here!

Pictures wil come when i get the watch. but here is some that tazz put up.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

Can anyone recomend some mods i can do to the watch? only thing i want to change is the AP logo, maybe some one know where to get a gen dial?

Beautiful watch. Congrats on the purchase. I have tried the gen on in the flesh and IMHO it is one of the most versatile sport/dress watches. On the dial I can ask a couple of AP sources about this dial but new dials for the ROO (with inner bezel) are $600 + so I would guess this one with gold hour markers will likely be more.

Ah I was drooling just yesterday about that watch :p. Too bad I missed it by a few days.. -_-

Wear it well :)

Very nice purchase! I was debating to buy it myself. I'll post pics of my two 15300 jumbo's after they are modded with some superlume. My MBW jumbo had chief's DAR and it looks awesome...a highly recommended mod.

Could u please post a pic of what the endlinks look like where they meet the strap? Are there ridges on the endlinks for better strap fitting or are the ends of the endlinks flat?

TIA

bosk

No supposedly the gen does not have AR....the AP crystal is completely flat so no AR is really needed but it makes the dial look soooo much better.

Are you sure the geniune doesn't have AR? I find this kind of hard to believe.. Can't really think of any maker in this price segment that doesn't use AR on all watches

It has always made me laugh that AP doesn't use AR. Different watch companies have various idiosyncrasies. Muller for many years insisted on using mineral glass rather than sapphire even on $40,000 watches. They rationalized it as they couldn't get the right curvature in sapphire - those cheap bastards. :lol:

I would realy like to get an AR job done on this watch. but since i live in norway i probobly wont take tha chance on sending the watch to the US...

Would like to use K222 or what he is called, but i heard he wass full of it?

K2222 (jakub) scammed away with a lot of watches ..

Rocketeer situation is not solved yet,.. dont know where that is going to end.

You have to send it directly to chief in the states, that the only way.. remove the crystal your self and there is no problem, but I personally dont have that skill so I dont know .. you could just send it.. sent a lot to the states but there is always a customs-risk ..

- tazz

Indeed we are. But it will keep both me and the lady happy as long as i dont mention watches as a reason for traveling to the US:)

AR takes about 1 month +....so rent a condo. Its super easy to remove the crystal youself with a $20 investment in a press.

So the watch just arrived! And wow! its stunning! Thanks a lot to tazz, RWG and all you members for support!

After seeing it in real life, i would say this watch is super close to the real thing! never seen the real thing in real life, but judging from photos iv seen of it!

Ill be doing that soon tazz, been so mutch lately. but now i have some spare time soon.

But got one problem with the watch :S the date weel wont spin anymore :| what to do? i mean it wont change the date by itself. i have to do it every moring..