When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 79320 + rep hands?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I am thinking about getting an IWC 79320 movement from Concepta for a V2 Top Gun but I am afraid hands will need to be modified - am I right? Or is it a straight fitment? Since my hand problems with 16520 I am really afraid of such projects....

I believe hand fitment issues may be a concern if the original rep movement is the high beat A7750; if it's the slow, it should be 1:1 exchange...

The old slower beat Asian 7750 copy had the same hand sizes as ETA 7750, as The Zigmeister stated in his original reviews. The higher beat has never had the same hand sizes (for some unknown reason they changed the sizes) as far as I know. There are newer slower beat Asian 7750 copies which have different hand sizes to ETA 7750 as well, I believe. I think I've seen a The Zigmeister post stating as much. Or perhaps it was someone else.

If you are doing the hand size adjustment yourself, I don't know how it's done. As you're in EU, you can ask Bricciola, who is experienced with that problem. I'm sure The Zigmeister can too, once he's back from holiday :tu:

(edit: hmmmm both Bricciola and The Zigmeister on holiday at the same time.... are they one and the same ? :p)

Edited by Chronus

I believe hand fitment issues may be a concern if the original rep movement is the high beat A7750; if it's the slow, it should be 1:1 exchange...

The hands needs to be modified just a pinch..easily done by a watch smith or yourself if you are a little bit careful and skilled.

I am thinking about getting an IWC 79320 movement from Concepta for a V2 Top Gun but I am afraid hands will need to be modified - am I right? Or is it a straight fitment? Since my hand problems with 16520 I am really afraid of such projects....

Do you think a standard ETA 7750 would swap in similarly?

PS. Concepta: i don't want to step on your toes and stop any sales with that question! Obviously the genuine IWC movement is the thing to have in this watch if you love it :)

Edited by Chronus