When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC BP Help - What to look for?

<OFFICINEPANERAI>

I am new to IWC, and have spent the last hour or so searching around the forum and reading up on everyones watches, but still need a little help.

This will be my first IWC, I prefer large diamater watches, and know that I like the "style" of the Big Pilot 5004. I have found these 3 replicas from Josh, and wanted to know if I should be looking for something in particular?

With Breitling, there are so many versions of each watch, and some know which are the better of the versions...being new to IWC, I didnt know if this rule applied here as well, I would want the closest to gen, ultimate models.

Thanks guys

I know this one isnt the best, but how far off is it for $88.00?

http://www.jpc8118.com/iw10008-pilot-47mm-black-p-1703.html

4.jpg

The choices of better ones :

BP5002

http://www.jpc8118.com/iwbp10002-pilot-500...uto-p-6647.html

4.jpg

Cerlati

http://www.jpc8118.com/iwbp10005-pilot-cer...uto-p-5920.html

4.jpg

BP5004

4.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone

Guest Sql_pl

This 5002 is the most accurate version (almost 100% flawless).

4.jpg

But you can also consider 5004 (with a "DAYSI" flaw on power reserve subdial):

4.jpg

These watches are really unbelievably good for their price of a bit under $200. They really scream quality and look money. I cannot understand people who still go for these cheaper working PR but flawed as hell versions.... especially when the difference is only around $100.00

This 5002 is the most accurate version (almost 100% flawless).

4.jpg

But you can also consider 5004 (with a "DAYSI" flaw on power reserve subdial):

4.jpg

These watches are really unbelievably good for their price of a bit under $200. They really scream quality and look money. I cannot understand people who still go for these cheaper working PR but flawed as hell versions.... especially when the difference is only around $100.00

I will go ahead and scratch all of the others, and decide between the 5002 and 5004...I like the look of the 5004 the most, but when you say the "DAYSI" flaw, what do you mean by this? The 8 day reserve is faux right, which would be a flaw?

If they are the same size, and the 5002 is almost flawless, I will most likely go with that one, and shoot for a gunny strap :)

Forget the $88.00 one.. its extremely innacurate versus the original.

Pick the 5002 or 5004 - whichever you like more. I just picked the 5002 and received it.

I plan on getting the following mods done:

1) double AR

2) correct the lume

3) service the rotor so it quiets some

4) buy oem strap or comparable

5) fix faux pr to full position

6) fix lowered date wheel

It depends on how picky you are with your reps. The above will close the gap between gen vs your rep.

Forget the $88.00 one.. its extremely innacurate versus the original.

Pick the 5002 or 5004 - whichever you like more. I just picked the 5002 and received it.

I plan on getting the following mods done:

1) double AR

2) correct the lume

3) service the rotor so it quiets some

4) buy oem strap or comparable

5) fix faux pr to full position

6) fix lowered date wheel

It depends on how picky you are with your reps. The above will close the gap between gen vs your rep.

Do you mind posting a few pictures of yours, maybe a wristie or 2?

I am as picky as you are, and those mods would come in the not to distant future :)

Thanks for your help, I agree the 5002 looks great, and will most likely be my choice.

Guest Sql_pl
when you say the "DAYSI" flaw, what do you mean by this?

Please have a look at power reserve subdial - in replica it says DAYS but the line is so close it looks like it's DAYSI - in genuine the line is located further from DAYS word.

Do you mind posting a few pictures of yours, maybe a wristie or 2?

I am as picky as you are, and those mods would come in the not to distant future :)

Thanks for your help, I agree the 5002 looks great, and will most likely be my choice.

I've taken mine apart to get it ready for the mods. Take a look at repgeek and the BP that MilesD put together. He did a video and photos of it after the mods. Thats what im trying to do with mine.

On the Days-I issue, its not as obvious on mine. It bothers me to see that on the photo as well. I would ask Josh or whomever you buy it from for a photo to make sure that problem does not exist. Some people have also had issues of the date not lining up perfectly in the datewheel. That's something your watchsmith can address.

• 1 month later...

I have a question. On the gen 5002 and 5004 where is the PR needle supposed to point when fully charged? In the pictures above the PR needle is pointing to the 7 is that where it is supposed to be when fully charged or on the 5002 should it point to the top of the "box" where the 7 is and on the 5004 should it be close to the "I" on DAYSI which might negate the inaccuracy of the "I" being so close to the DAYS??