When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer analog + digital

strattakan

Surfing around at watcheden, I note a new aquaracer, the analog+digital.

http://www.watcheden.com/tag-heuer-aquarac...-33164-p-1.html

comparing the pictures with a gen pics form amazon, it have a similar look. Sadly the give away is the chrono pushers, but overall seems a quality watch. Dont know about the digital functions, but seems the dial also is very similar.

b76398bd12e3cc7c8b77a750783c0840.jpg

gen:

41wo0aXfHiL._SS500_.jpg

for the price, 128 usd, its a interesting beater, isn

Man, this watch screams bad quality, and the price endorses it. I'd say stay away from this replica.

I fail to see how you can judge this watch based on price, I can think of a ton of reps around that price that are awesome. Noobmariner, FA Jones, Tag F1, SFSO Lite, etc. This being quartz, it should not be too hard to make it awesome at that price. Not that I know, but it seems unfair to [censored] on this because of price. That is why we buy reps!

That model is Aquaracer chronotimer. I'm not sure if it has ever been produced with those old style pushers, but the standard quartz/automatic Aquaracer chronos certainly have them (the older models).

There have been some Aquaracer quartz reps before and all of them have been crap. Sometimes the pictures don't tell the whole story... you gotta see it in the flesh. But you're absolutely right, there is no reason that a quartz rep couldn't be good quality... but unfortunately stuff like bracelet, SELs and overall finish were really poor on the previous attempts. Add light weight of the quartz movement there and you often have a disappointing rep.

It'd be cool to see some better pictures of the rep.

Here's the gen.

img_005_zoom.jpg

Well, like i said, today I visit a friend who sells replicas here. I saw this Tag, and have to say the quality is really good, considering also the price. Here my friend sells around 100USD. The quality of print, dial and hand are way better than a lot of earlier quartz reps. Feel solid, although i don

Should I stand corrected? You have no idea how I wish to!

It's been only 18 months since I boarded the rep game, but I have yet to see a decent, "low price" replica of any watch with functions other than hour, minutes, seconds and date. By decent I mean not only the quality of materials and finish/detail, but also accuracy to gen when it comes to functions.

By no means I'd say that $130 is a low value, but in the replica market this is definitely - and unfortunately - the price point of the lowest quality watches, those with - at most - a close resemblance to the gen article. Here in Brazil I have seen LOTS of this low quality replicas (which I prefer calling fakes) being sold for the equivalent to US$ 150. The Montblanc Timewalker series comes to my mind. Here in Brazil (Sao Paulo) I have recently seen many many people sporting fake timewalkers, those with the solid lugs, thick, glass-bottom-like crystals, ticking second hands, squared arabic numerals and so on. Judging from the ubiquity of these, I can only imagine they are perfect daily beaters for those who do not have other watch(es).

A couple of months ago I bought the quartz version of the porsche flat 6 for about US$150. Wrong subdial spacing and functions, poor dial quality, the so-called mineral crystal (as if sapphire is an organic compound!) and all the etceteras that we all know - either from this specific model or any other quartz version of whatever mechanical watch. At the time I thought it would be a great daily beater. Couldn't be more wrong, because there hasn't been a single occasion when I would prefer wearing this rather than the other replicas I own. Now it sits on my watchbox (well - the thing I call my watchbox!!). My US$300 replica watches are my true daily beaters!

And strattakan, the local (brazilian) dealer is asking "only" US$100 for this replica?!?! Where the heck is this guy located, would you mind sending me a PM with his directions?

Edited by AstroAvia

Should I stand corrected? You have no idea how I wish to!

It's been only 18 months since I boarded the rep game, but I have yet to see a decent, "low price" replica of any watch with functions other than hour, minutes, seconds and date. By decent I mean not only the quality of materials and finish/detail, but also accuracy to gen when it comes to functions.

By no means I'd say that $130 is a low value, but in the replica market this is definitely - and unfortunately - the price point of the lowest quality watches, those with - at most - a close resemblance to the gen article. Here in Brazil I have seen LOTS of this low quality replicas (which I prefer calling fakes) being sold for the equivalent to US$ 150. The Montblanc Timewalker series comes to my mind. Here in Brazil (Sao Paulo) I have recently seen many many people sporting fake timewalkers, those with the solid lugs, thick, glass-bottom-like crystals, ticking second hands, squared arabic numerals and so on. Judging from the ubiquity of these, I can only imagine they are perfect daily beaters for those who do not have other watch(es).

A couple of months ago I bought the quartz version of the porsche flat 6 for about US$150. Wrong subdial spacing and functions, poor dial quality, the so-called mineral crystal (as if sapphire is an organic compound!) and all the etceteras that we all know - either from this specific model or any other quartz version of whatever mechanical watch. At the time I thought it would be a great daily beater. Couldn't be more wrong, because there hasn't been a single occasion when I would prefer wearing this rather than the other replicas I own. Now it sits on my watchbox (well - the thing I call my watchbox!!). My US$300 replica watches are my true daily beaters!

And strattakan, the local (brazilian) dealer is asking "only" US$100 for this replica?!?! Where the heck is this guy located, would you mind sending me a PM with his directions?

170 reais, to be more precise.

Basically this friend sells the same reps around the trusted dealers here, but obviously sells 90% quartz rep. He can also source any watches including the better ones.

look your PM

Edited by strattakan