When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cortebert Vintage hands set - our next project

t

I've just checked two Cortebert 616's, and both have hands that measure 110 and 185 (actually, they are more like 112 and 187, but the size variance will be from installing / removing the hands!). Can anybody confirm?

strange

i check 2 corteberts and the cannion pin (for minute hand) is 115 and the hour wheel (for hour hand) measure 195-200????

could anybody check their cortebert for be sure???

strange

i check 2 corteberts and the cannion pin (for minute hand) is 115 and the hour wheel (for hour hand) measure 195-200????

could anybody check their cortebert for be sure???

Just checked another 2 (616 and 620), both of which are 110 and 185 (actually, 109 and 183 for the canon pinion / hour wheel and 112 / 187 for the hands!). Anybody else?

Here the promise pics of gen i have, theire are blued, but more black as oxydized now with age.

CIMG3288.jpg

CIMG3290.jpg

CIMG3296.jpg

And the measures take from center of hole to end:

Minute 18,54mm

CIMG3292.jpg

Hour 14,07mm

CIMG3293.jpg

For the dial i have who is less than 37mm, the minute hand is a little bit too long, the correct lenght will around 17mm , but the hour lenght is probably correct, very long.

You can compare it put on my dial and on the pic , the lenght is the same.

but the question is to know if my dial have the correct size, it is a DSN modded, with diameter reduce of less than 37mm; case is a modded silix one.

CIMG3298.jpg

And a pic to compare with gen angelus and with some others reps style.

CIMG3299.jpg

Hope this will help and not cause more confusion :)

Edited by Clint Eastwood

received the final drawings from RMCsherry and have send them to the manufacturer... and waiting for their reply

I will update this thread soon...

I will offer also full overhauled Cortebert movements with the hands sets if someone is interested. But please don

ok guys

it will take 6 weeks to have the first sample... and another 6 weeks to have all parts ready on my stock. All in all will take 12 weeks to start with the sale

BEST

T

Thanks for the update and all the work you have done :-) Looking forward the result and the wtachhands on my Cortebert's ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...