When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Messages Etched In Flesh

vlydog

Great advice TeeJay. I am not the kind of person who rushes into anything. I will do my homework, research and be 10000000000000000000000000000% sure I am making the right choice.

Glad to be of help :) That's definitely the right mindset to have when it comes to getting a tattoo. Not necessarily a case of mulling over the decision for months on end, (sometimes you will know straight away that the design is right for you) but a case of being completely sure that when you do settle on the design, it is one you are completely comfortable and happy with :) Then comes the fun of finding the right artist to actually apply the tattoo :) As mentioned above, don't simply choose based on who's closest or cheapest, but by who's the best to meet your needs (although sometimes, the best might be the closest and the cheapest :D )

Also, as mentioned above, any kind of foreign text should be painstakingly researched to ensure it is accurate (ideally, get a native speaker to perform the translation, or at least get a native speaker to check your translation )

Thank you. I am sure TeeJay and I we will be in touch soon.

By all means, please feel free to PM me or ask any questions here :)

When choosing a tattoo you must be extremely careful as to what you choose, where you put it and the tattoo artist themselves...

I am living proof that tattoos can go horribly wrong, and i am paying the price by having a half sleeve on my left arm completely lasered off.

Just to let you guys know laser tattoo removal is hands down one of the most painful and expensive things i have ever had to go through.

So far i have spent on TWO treatments (i am likely to need another 6 more, at 5-8 week intervals) about $800, that is almost as much as i paid for the half sleeve and i have another 6 treatments to go!

So dude, be careful, realise that even though you can get rid of tattoos these days completely and without scarring that it is a very expensive and painful process so whatever tattoo you do decide to get, only get it if you have these viewpoints:

1. YES, if i should grow tired or dislike my tattoo i am comfortable leaving it on my body

2. YES, if i should grow tired or dislike my tattoo i am comfortable paying crap loads of money and going through crap loads of pain to get rid of it

Oh and as a side note, there is not a single laser tattoo removal machine on the planet that can completely remove a COLOR tattoo without scarring or just fading it.

Hope this helps :)

Moi

P.S. If you want to see a video of me getting it done (the laser removal) i can find one my friend took and show you. :p

Jaymoi,

you advice is much appreciated too. I think, that with the direction I'm going, I would be comfortable with my choice. I feel as if location on the body plays a significant role in my decision as well. Especially if the novelty fades over time.

Would love to see your laser show.

I know artists pretty much all over the world, I'm extensively tattooed and was a pro piercer for years so I've been around the business a long time!!

As stated by many above, you really need to be sure you want a tattoo and that you want that particular tattoo for the rest of your life!! Typeset ink is very popular, so finding examples of it will be no problem at all, finding very bad examples of it will, unfortunately, be way easier!!

There are a lot of bad artists out there that claim they can do this, that and the other no problem and make a total mess. Ask to see portfolios, most good artists will have their own work either on the wall or in albums in the waiting room, or will be able to produce them if they don't have them on display. If someone is getting tattooed while you are there, ask if you can watch for a short time, there is nothing like seeing an artist at work to know how good they are. A really good artist can bring to life a flat outline with a few deft shading strokes! If he can do that, he can surely do typo work!!

If you want, drop me a PM and I can put you onto a couple of websites that will have examples of typo and ambigram work and who they are done by Also, as stated, I can probably put you onto a real good artist within a reasonable distance from you!

Sixx :bones:

• 5 months later...