When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you pay 1K for a genuine dial+handset? (considering this is a 15K watch)

Marcus' watch is a work of art. I know what lengths he went to in making it. Now I am experimenting with seconds at 12 and seconds at 9 cases and gen and rep dials and inner bezels to see what works. They all will require case work and a new movement ring work to allow the movement to sit properly and align the pushers and the lowered crown. My MBW-based original franken is long redone and gone - here are a couple of pics.

Now I am on to the next experiments to see if any other combination works. I am hoping to have something intelligent to say in a couple of weeks though. :D

I've still got one of those MBWs still in the plastic in the hope of doing something like this, but with the servicing problems, I'm not so sure. If I were you, I would keep a couple of spare movements around for later use. Of course, The Zigmeisterzumba is one of the few that many be able to service it, in which case you are fine :tu:

Can't wait to see the finished project :)

I tend to think of it as an original movement and dial elevates the watch to a franken with the same functionality of the gen. And $2-3,000 versus $10,000 plus is a very different proposition. And the other half beyond the money is the fun of hunting for that movement and dial and pursuing modification perfection. :) But you are absolutely right that for that kind of money you could be buying a gen - just not an AP. Although you can have my pathetic and ancient 34-36mm gen two tone RO for not much more. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...