When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are there any tutorials on removing Movements from rolex's?

HEWLIO

Im starting to get worried cause one of my subs might be loosing its ability to keep time. Sometimes ill look at it and it will be 10 minutes slow. So i wanna be prepared if i have to change the movement. And where can i buy the right movement for a sub?

Guest HaloArchive

If it is just a DG movement, servicing will cost more than a new movement xD. If you plan on keeping it if it is swiss or eta/clone eta, then get it serviced and be done with it. VAC, REX, The Zigmeister all do servicing :)

Cheers~

H

If it is just a DG movement, servicing will cost more than a new movement xD. If you plan on keeping it if it is swiss or eta/clone eta, then get it serviced and be done with it. VAC, REX, The Zigmeister all do servicing :)

Cheers~

H

Im not sure what movement it is, im not too knowledgeable about movements yet. Heres my problem, My beginmariner from josh is about a month old. All of the sudden it is terribal at keeping time. At 9:40 i reset it to 9:41 because i noticed it was wrong. Then at 10:03 it was at 9:58 on the nose and it was about 20 seconds in and i always set the minutes on the exact seconds what ever it stops on when im setting it. Is that a typical problem?, should i send it to be serviced, or should i just get a new movement and if so who sells movements that would work in a beginmariner?

Guest HaloArchive

IMHO, If you know how to change the movement then go ahead! If you plan on keeping it for a while, then get it serviced by one of our respected members.

Cheers~

H

IMHO, If you know how to change the movement then go ahead! If you plan on keeping it for a while, then get it serviced by one of our respected members.

Cheers~

H

I would like to get it serviced if its going to ensure my watch is gonna last allot longer. I mean i have like 15 now but only 3 are working properly and this is gonna be taken of the working list if i cant figure this out. It doesn't seem like its that big of a deal changing the movement if you have the right equipment which i kinda wanna buy. I found zigmiester but hes not around untill late august. Who were you refering to by VAC and REX? ill try to contact them about pricing.

It's probably time for you to start looking around and find a local watchsmith. Possibly he could regulate your asian 21j movement in your beginmariner. If not, maybe he could replace the movement for you. Judging by your current time, I'd figure you're somewhere in the EU, or thereabouts. You might also check w/ some of the EU members to help you find a watchsmith in your area.

And since your watch from Joshua is only a month old, get in touch with him and send it back! If it has a defective movement, he'll either fix it or send you a new movement! Just a tip, if you plan to be in this hobby for long, I suggest you start getting to know your movements and their particular quirks koz you'll need it in the long run specially if you don't have a watchsmith that you work with! Most of the vets here have been thru where you are right now and we learn the ropes!

Good luck and do a lot of research here and on the WEB! Some were suggested already!

It's probably time for you to start looking around and find a local watchsmith. Possibly he could regulate your asian 21j movement in your beginmariner. If not, maybe he could replace the movement for you. Judging by your current time, I'd figure you're somewhere in the EU, or thereabouts. You might also check w/ some of the EU members to help you find a watchsmith in your area.

2 of my cousins own jewelry stores I guess I could take it to them but I would feel kinda funny taking them a rep. And In In New York. I just emailed josh asking if i could get a new movement.

Edited by HEWLIO

If it's only a month old, maybe Josh will send you a new movement- but the postage is more than the movement probably.

Here's the movement that goes in the beginmariner- scroll down to the DG2813:

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

As you can see, at $15.40 it's cheaper to replace it than to service it.

If your cousins have jewelry stores maybe they have watchmakers who could help you out. It might be easier than you trying it yourself.

There's other guys around here who are in NYC, I'm sure someone has a watchmaker in your area.

I contacted josh, he said to manualy wind the watch 30-40 revs. So I did. Seems to be working fine. I Left it home all day set to the right time and when I just got back it was perfect. Then the winding ran out a few minutes later so i wound it again and ill wear it for the rest of the night and see what happens. But if its fine Thanks for everyones help.

I contacted josh, he said to manualy wind the watch 30-40 revs. So I did. Seems to be working fine. I Left it home all day set to the right time and when I just got back it was perfect. Then the winding ran out a few minutes later so i wound it again and ill wear it for the rest of the night and see what happens. But if its fine Thanks for everyones help.

Well so much for that. I was just wearing it for an hour and its slow again. Must be it only happens when i wear it. Time to get a new movement. :)