When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hong Kong - where to buy watches?

kokoko

I am planning a business trip to Hong Kong in a couple of days - is there any specific location where I can find good quality replicas over there? Would also appreciate any other suggestions/comments on what to do in HK and places to visit. Thanks!

anyone?

Hi kokoko, I was in Hong Kong at the start of the year, the reps are really bad, <_< ,,,,, stick with the lads here .... much better reps ...... check out ladies market its good fun.

enjoy your trip,,,,, a lot of Jewellers over there that sell pre owned rolexes, bought a Gen 1979 Airking s/s for 650 euros,,,,..... not bad :) ,

mansun

post-487-1248463938_thumb.jpg

anyone?

Reps: none worth looking for in HK. You are going to have to go to Guangzhou.

Gens: You've hit the jackpot. There is literally a boutique store for every high end brand, from Richard Mille to FP Journe. I think there are like 3 Audemars Piguet specialty boutiques.

Other stuff worth checking out: depends on what you like to do really. elaborate further?

You can spend weeks going from shop to shop trying on gen watches in HK. My first trip there in 1999 I bought a new Rolex TT DJ for $3600 total. That same watch in the US would have cost me $5200 plus tax. I bought it at what I was told was the most reputable watch dealer in HK...Ruby Foo's. My second trip I bought a Rado ceramic diastar which listed for $1600 for $1000 cash...again no tax. I have no idea if you will get the same deals now with the way the dollar has plummeted in value over the years. If I remember most of the shops are over near "times square" downtown HK. Even if you are not into Rolex it may be a good idea to check them out. I would gobble up a new sub in a second if I could get a great deal on it like I did the DJ.