When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deciding whether or not to get my 3717 lumed

ck986

SWEET AVAITOR! aria giovanni! meet her in person. she's a doll.

oh, nice lume be the way. if i can ask, what did it set you back? the lume that is.

B)

don't remeber exactly anymore. but a little bit above $100, I think. but just ask vacc for the exact price.

And it's worth the money. really great work.

3717_final_01.jpg

Edited by Merlin

I should have been a bit clearer, I was trying to see what the hands and 3/6/9/12 hour markers look like under the light. I know they will not look like thye came lumed from the factory, but want to see if they look messy. I had a sandwich dial pam lumed and it looks great, but that project doesnt seem as difficult.

Thanks,

ck

Does anyone have any pictures of the lumed markers on their 3717. I am trying to decide whether I want to get the watch lumed.

In my opinion, a relume should be third on the list after datewheels and AR coating. If you've not done those two yet, do so before you consider lume. :)

All done, I bought the watch serviced, with K222 AR and ETA DW. The lume and swiss eta movement are all that are left.

I sent it to Vac this morning.

In my opinion, a relume should be third on the list after datewheels and AR coating. If you've not done those two yet, do so before you consider lume. :)

I heard from another board member that The Zigmeister was not removing the markers for lume jobs any more because of the risk of damaging the dial. If my watch turns out like Merlins I will be happy with it. I am not sure I would want the markers built up from nothing. I like the crisp shapes of the markers already there. I just dont want the markers to be too tall.