When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some help with installing gen APROO strap

sander

Ok, I got myself a gen APROO strap biggrin.gif ........ unfortunately the 2 conversion kits I have look terrible with it.sad.gif

I have the one supplied with the sec @ 12 and I have one from Oracle straps.

Does anybody now if this kit from AP bands will work with the rep case and gen strap?

Also I stripped one lug screw and would like to know if this kit works with the rep case aswell.

Thanks for letting me know!

Ciao,

Sander

Those screws worked fine with my old AP secs@12 smile.gif

The best lugs were the ones that came with the rep, if you don't have any, buy a replica AP secs@12 rubber strap from a dealer, and make sure it comes with the lug ends. Will cost a lot less than $180 wink.gif

I have the lugs that came with the rep. They fit the case very nice but won't work with the gen strap.

There is ugly cap between the strap and the lug.

I remember some guys here also have some gen straps and I'm really wondering how they attached it.

Maybe they are less picky than I am huh.gif

Good to hear that the screws fit.

Ok, I got myself a gen APROO strap biggrin.gif ........ unfortunately the 2 conversion kits I have look terrible with it.sad.gif

I have the one supplied with the sec @ 12 and I have one from Oracle straps.

Does anybody now if this kit from AP bands will work with the rep case and gen strap?

Also I stripped one lug screw and would like to know if this kit works with the rep case aswell.

Thanks for letting me know!

Ciao,

Sander

It will work...I used the AP bands conversion kit successfully on my MBW seconds at 9 model a fews year back when they first came out...it was a major PITA...see my OP...I mated it with a gen OEM hornback...it will work but a lot of blood, sweat, and tears...and I'm not joking....good luck