When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD and POR 15?

Hello all,

Has anyone out there experienced using por-15 to replicate pvd? It is used for car parts with a superior scratch resistant on metal and aluminum parts. it can be sprayed or brushed. My pvd is pretty scratched up and am thinking of redoing the watch case, crown, and cg in flat black por 15. any thoughs or comments on this?

I love Por-15! Wonderfull stuff, the only way knowen to man to enshure rust never returns. The clear coats are amazing, proof to allmost anything and Glisten will go over polished ally and not reduce the shine as well as Pelucid being the best clear coat for wood ever made. Totaly indestructable!. Whitecoat is the best underbody coating in the world.

Now to reps. Por is not a paint, it is a ceramin (a type of ceramic) coating so is damn tough stuff (as you know if you have ever had to sand it). The trouble here is that por rarely goes on perfectualy smooth. It is not recomended where a perfect surface is needed. Also, the one and only thing that attackes Por is UV/sun light. Left exposed it will eventualy powder on the surface. Worth experimneting with an old case tho IMO.

For those of you who have NFI WTF we are on about, have a looky HERE

Col.

Used POR-15 for many auto projects in the past. Great stuff, but you would need to top-coat it to prevent UV damage.

Probably not worth it on a watch. You would also need to thin it. Just go DLC with Avitt. :)

yes,.. por-15 is good but unstable with sunlight. But I have used the glisten with the clear coat

but with a mixed with color.

You can get glisten and tinted with black or charcoal which may work .

I actually use glisten on muffler end pipe . Clear coal on chrome. lasteed 3 years with no rust.

glisten with tint color is worth a try.

Yeah, I'd tend to put a coat of pure Glisten on top so no pigment is exposed to light however. The stuff is amazingly tough. They use it for anti graphiti paint too because you can apply paint stripper to it with no effect on the glisten, just removes the graphiti.

Col.