When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Eta 2836

Guys,

I have received a new Rolex rep with ETA 2836-2 that appears to have broken teeth on a wheel. I noticed this when the watch handwinding did not work... Automatic winding is dramatically slow so if you don't go about and sport continuously with the watch it will stop running in a few days. I decided to open it up and see. I notices teeth being knocked of a winding wheel... This gives a very loud click (not the regular light click) when winding by the rotor. Handwinding clicks loud and doesn't rotate the wheel. See arrows on picture:

104572-25433.jpg

Besides the rubber tube seal was cracked. I will contact the dealer for this. But I would like to know what other possibilities are there to do (next to getting a repair covered from the dealer).

0. Fix it myself and get parts (where?)

1. Get it fixed, repairman needs to order parts and asks 60 euro for labour

2. Get a new 2836 or 2824 at ofrei 60$

3. Get one at ebay (unknown price)

4. Other

Don't tell me to go back to the dealer.... I will... But not sure if I can reach him... Please advise?

Edited by kingkitesurf

You should be able to order the part from O.Frei or Cousins - ETA2836-2/#415 Ratchet Wheel. Part should cost no more than a few euros - I can get it for you if you want.

Thanks, the question remains whether it is the only broken part. Obviously something must have caused this (maybe I messed more things things up when trying to wind it by hand?

You should be able to order the part from O.Frei or Cousins - ETA2836-2/#415 Ratchet Wheel. Part should cost no more than a few euros - I can get it for you if you want.

Thanks, the question remains whether it is the only broken part. Obviously something must have caused this (maybe I messed more things things up when trying to wind it by hand?). Does anybody know where to get the rubber seal?

True - but the bigger question is where are the broken bitts - I would guess they are still floating around inside the case? There is nothing wrong with hand winding these movts, they are designed to be hand wound initially. There have been a lot of QC issues with these asian assembled ETA's and it is possible that the movt was not brand new to start with. A lot of people complained at one time that Pauls watches were assembled using old movts.

OK but does anybody know where to order ETA 2836's in Europe

Yes from Cousins in the UK - www.cousinsuk.com - the part number is "ETA2836-2/#415 Ratchet Wheel". Or you can buy a complete loose pack movt (that means it does not come in a box!!) for £48 from them here - http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...;productid=5574