When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is this ring on my aquatimer?

Hello,

In January, Demonslayer posted a topic about caring for his aquatimer after it has acquired moisture. When he opened the caseback, a strange little ring popped out of it. I have posted his image of that ring since I do not have access to a digital camera. I recently opened my aquatimer caseback and found that it had the same ring. It literally popped out, and now I'm concerned that I did something wrong to the watch, mainly because I don't know how to fit it back in to the caseback. i left it out because it seemed it would catch onto the rotor.

1. Can anyone tell me what this ring is?

2. Can anyone suggest how to put it back in without doing damage to the movement?

sorry, here's the image

Hello,

In January, Demonslayer posted a topic about caring for his aquatimer after it has acquired moisture. When he opened the caseback, a strange little ring popped out of it. I have posted his image of that ring since I do not have access to a digital camera. I recently opened my aquatimer caseback and found that it had the same ring. It literally popped out, and now I'm concerned that I did something wrong to the watch, mainly because I don't know how to fit it back in to the caseback. i left it out because it seemed it would catch onto the rotor.

1. Can anyone tell me what this ring is?

2. Can anyone suggest how to put it back in without doing damage to the movement?

post-16388-12491693445_thumb.jpg

1) Looks like either a retaining ring for the case-back or a fastening ring for the bezel.

2) I'm not too familiar with IWCs, but if it's not a movement spacer-ring (which I sincerely doubt), the movement & the bezel functions properly, the case-back seals & it tests waterproof, maybe it was a part that didn't belong there to begin with?

Edited by gioarmani