When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT2 Ceramic Two-Tone..how accurate?

concepta

Guys!

Now when wearing my DSSD so much i truly miss my old GMTC :(

The TT model has grown on me..especially after seen one genuine closeup.

I know that the GMTC with real ceramic bezel is quit a good rep! But how about the TT?

What are the biggest tells? (Besides not being real golden surface)

What can be fixed/modded?

ROLEX-2008-10-25-03-01.JPG

One of my favorite watches, looking to soon hopefully add this to my collection..

In my opinion, the bracelet can be swapped out with a good two tone aftermarket on the bay, using the same clasp. The same goes for the crown.

One thing that really bugs me on this rep, is the god awful rehaut. I have a few gen rolexes - all with engraved rehaut, and trust me when I say this - the gmtiic's rehaut is horrible. It's painted, not engraved, and its not even symmetrical. The font is off too.

Besides the rehaut, it seems to be an outstanding rep that i'll soon add one day

Stay away from this rep. Besides the eternal problem with replica gold bracelets this watch has golden/yellow dial print, which ain't accurate at all. Genuine has the print in white.

Go for the best stainless version, you'll be much happier.

It all depends how the plating/wrapping quality is. Impossible to determine that from the pics.

The Noob TT Submariner 16613 (that I have reviewed here came in 3 different gold qualities. The one I reviewed was the best one and the bracelet was very well made.

This rep comes from the same factory so I guess they can make it in different gold quality as well. Could be different between Asian/ETA versions.

The point is: Nobody knows (except you when you receive the watch). Cheap TT rep bracelets are horrible but the best ones are ok.

Good luck!