When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Deployant Buckle and...

vlydog

I just recently found a nice 20mm Breitling deployant clasp and I am looking to commission a custom strap. Most, if not all, of the gen and aftermarket Breitling straps for deployant are cut to lengths of 110mm/90mm.

For those of you who have had these types of straps, are the strap dimensions cut appropriately or is there a lot of slop or extra leather that is not needed?

Thank you, vlydog

Hey Vly -

I have a 7.5" wrist and they fit fine in length...I am, however, not a big fan of the rep Breit deployments and straps - becuase I find there's a "gap" that drives me crazy where the strap comes off the deployment and heads up to the lugs...perhaps a softer strap, might lessen this "gap"...never tried a softer strap - so now you have me thinkin?!...

R

Since I have always used a tang buckle and strap on my Skyland, I am at a loss about the working on the deployant clasp. I plan on having a strap custom made and my strap maker needs more specific dimensions before he can begin.

1) does the tail ends of a deployant strap have holes for spring bars?

2) does the clasp attach with spring bars to both tail ends or only on the short side?

3) would you be so kind as to estimate the thickness is mm at the lug versus the tail?

4) where on the strap does it start to taper? half way down?

5)Does the tail end of the strap have holes for spring bars so that the buckle can attach?

I really appreciate if you could help, Bruce

Bruce -- sorry for missing this...it was a busy work day y'day and i didn't get online last nite...

Unfortunately, i don't have my strap with me at work today, so i'll have to confirm everything tonite or tomorrow...(am wearing my white dial SOSF on dark blue moo-croc tang today, tho (gen tang!)...

Here's some quick answers/advice...

I would also suggest you check out the pix of these straps on Josh's site here: Breitling deployment strap info

1. both ends that attach to the lugs have holes for spring bars; the short strap has a hole for attachment of the deployment via spring bar...

2. clasp attaches to the short strap; the long strap gets fed thru the deployment and is held in place by the deployment's "pin" and hole in strap

3. i'd have to measure this to be sure...but i do recall it's similar to my rep tang strap which is 3.5mm thick on the edges as it approaches the lug (5mm thick total with the padding) and 3mm thick at the ends

4. i'd have to measure this...

5. only the tail end of the short strap has a hole for a spring bar to attach the deployment...

Additionally, of note is that per Josh's site the length of both the 22mm and 24mm straps are 89mm/113mm...i own both the 22mm (brown) and the 24mm (burgundy) straps...of the two, the burgundy strap is of much better looks and quality...

hope this helps...i can measure and get the exact details tomorrow...

R-