When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 089 GMT before it goes under the knife

Drulee

Well I'm about to perform a few transplants, which have turned my 089 into an organ factory :D I figured before doing this I'd post some pics of it "au naturel" as I've put a lot into this movement and was my fave for quite a while.

Please note that the tick by the "18" at the 9 o'clock position, seems to have bubbled a bit, and it has been suggested that the dial originally was missing the tick, then at some point an owner tried to remedy this by adding this mark.

rsz_IMG_0002_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0003_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0007_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0010_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0012_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0013_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0017_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0021_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0022_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0024_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0025_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0027_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0028_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0030_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0031_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0032_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0033_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0036_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0038_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0039_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0042_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0043_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0044_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0045_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0050_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0053_Medium.jpg

rsz_IMG_0055_Medium.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know the original dealer the watch is from.

I've put a lot into this piece (especially considering I had no experience in taking apart watches before receiving it). When I received it the second hand was jamming against the GMT hand, so I had to re-seat the seconds hand - twice :) Plus I've switched the original bezel, with a new "low profile" DSN one. And I did a lot of work re-finishing the case - it had lots of scratches on it. Unfortunately, the second time that I re-set the seconds fixed the jamming problem, but introduced a new more serious one. I screwed up the keyless on it while re-assembling it. Too much pressure on the stem release button I presume. Although it still keeps great time, the stem can't be engaged to set the time or date, so I've decided to do the transplants and have a look at the keyless again after removing the dial.

Thanks for looking

Funny you should say that, I received this in the mail about two months ago, and wasn't even expecting it ^_^ Well, finders keepers

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that - I haven't been around long enough to know who Pamfried was, lucky for me