When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DHL Delivery Nightmares

nuclearboy

Anyone out there had problems tracking a parcel sent via DHL?

I recently bought a watch from a forum member in Germany but it seems to have gone missing.

One response from DHL said that the shipping number (shown on the receipt of posting slip)is changed to a matchcode here in the UK and is then forwarded either by DHL or Parcelforce, has anyone managed to get this matchcode via the DHL website by using the shipping number?

The parcel was posted on the 28th July; anybody know what's the normal timescale for deliveries from Germany to UK?

When it was shipped on the 28th it should have arrived yet IMO. Normaly it takes about 10 days.

The sender should contact DHL. He can make an enquiry - if the parcel does not reappear then he can at least use the shipping insurance and refund your money.

The big problem with DHL is that it actually is impossible to track anything that was not sent within Germany. And even worse: It is not possible to track a parcel sent TO Germany from outside Germany.

Have received parcels from all over the world and Germany to Holland, never had a problem, only once when a seller insured the package for $200 , it was held in customs for 10 days and I had to pay tax and customsduties. In total it took 14 days for the watch to arrive so I think you can get it any day.......if not it's standard insured for EU 50,00