When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie help needed on 42mm PO

clipper

Hi, First post, great site btw, now i see the difference from reps and fakes lol

I have been lurking in the background for a couple of days now, reading endlessly, information overload lol, I currently have a genuine Omega PO 42mm which i would love to wear everyday but it would only get ruined at work, hence why i started looking for a rep, so it can take the knocks and scuffs, after some reading i found that the 42mm stopped with 4th gen, now we're on to the UPO but in only 45mm, until i came across www.pam111.com and www.eurotimez88.com both selling a 5th gen 42mm, would this be a ULTIMATE PO in 42mm?, could someone be kind enough to point out the flaws / difference from these and the 4th gen.

Im not being lazy, but currently have 9 tabs open in explorer on various pages, my heads about to explode trying to take everything in =@ , basically im after the best rep 42mm i can get my hands on, oh and then narikaa throws a spanner in the works with these

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/103014-planet-ocean-fest/page__hl__42mm%20po%20__fromsearch__1

thanks narikaa :pardon: lol

also these 5th gen, says there 42.5mm, would oem parts fit i.e. bezel, dial, maybe even sapphire crystal

HELP a newbie please :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks in advance

Neil

• Like 1

Yes- Being in the U.S. Ofrei has been good to me. However, I only had to source the dial and hands from them. If you're in Europe, Cousins as Pugs suggested is a good source.

The bezel, bracelet and datewheel were all sourced elsewhere via private/non-commercial sale and for a bit less than what retail would have cost :) It pays to shop around...

The 5th generation has the wrong proportions- Dial, crystal and bezel are all slightly too large and the He valve is not positioned correctly.

The 4th generation is not perfect out of the box with the small details, but is a good basis for modification and is very easy to work on :) As such, it gets my nod...

• 2 weeks later...