When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263

vlydog

IMO the price you would have to pay for a gen bracelet isnt worth it..... The rep that your thinking of VLY has the correct end link and bracelet stamp(571,78350) the quality is also very good if you are still looking at the one from spin that is. If i could get pics on my computer i would take some snaps.

Cheers

Daniel

IMO the price you would have to pay for a gen bracelet isnt worth it..... The rep that your thinking of VLY has the correct end link and bracelet stamp(571,78350) the quality is also very good if you are still looking at the one from spin that is. If i could get pics on my computer i would take some snaps.

Cheers

Daniel

Well i kinda disagree with you...

It's of course my personal opinion, and if you are geting a DW braclet quality may change from batch to batch...

But personaly i wasn't satisfied with DW's, they are ok and you can use them for a while, but they feel realy different from gen.

Links arent compatible with gen by the way... not exact same size.

If u are pattient you can find a 78350 for about 120€, and using a 7835 is cool too, and a bit chipper (if you dont mind the thinner end)

But you will definitively have to use DW 571 endlinks as gen just can't be found, so be prepared for a serious fight trying to fit those :)

For the 7835 you probably have to deal with whatever endlink are on the band you buy (as they are atached to the band), anyway i have never seen gen 371 or 271 for sell exept atached to a 25k watch ;)

i used a 78350 on my 6263 while my 6265 is fited with a 7835/361

so it all depend but if you go for a real V72 and invest lot of time & money in your project, you might invest in a gen sonner or later...

Hey vlaletom,

I agree entirely that the feel is different, my point is that the search and expense doesnt justify the feel imo...

There is a 7835/361 that i can get my hands on but it is around 900 euros. Now to me unless i have a franken with a gen rolex movement (not just any v72) in it i am not spending 900 euros on the bracelet....

That being said the bracelet and the end links do bother me a little but not enough to warrant that expense, i believe there are better investments to be made on the DW 6263 :)

Good topic and good discussion :)

Dan

There is a 7835/361 that i can get my hands on but it is around 900 euros. Now to me unless i have a franken with a gen rolex movement (not just any v72) in it i am not spending 900 euros on the bracelet....

I totally agree with you on that.

I think for a project watch running around 2k, 150-200$ for the band make sense, but certainly not 900...

by the way did you mean a 7835/371 at that crazy price ? cause i paid my 7835/361 arounf 120$ on the bay ...

anyway i second you that investing on a 7835/371 or gen 571 endlinks only make sense if you own a gen ...

Hi B,

My .02 is the 7835 tapers too much for me personally (19mm down to 12mm), I'd go with a 78350 (19mm to 14mm) if you can find one around $200. I haven't priced them in some time, mine was $160 on ebay over 2 years ago. I use rep 571 end links on my 6263 that I purchased from Joshua. They're okay, finish is not that great but fit better than the 557 end links that came with my bracelet as the 557 sit too low on the tall case.

Here's an old stock shot with the rep end links:

DSC_0716.jpg

Hi B,

My .02 is the 7835 tapers too much for me personally (19mm down to 12mm), I'd go with a 78350 (19mm to 14mm) if you can find one around $200. I haven't priced them in some time, mine was $160 on ebay over 2 years ago. I use rep 571 end links on my 6263 that I purchased from Joshua. They're okay, finish is not that great but fit better than the 557 end links that came with my bracelet as the 557 sit too low on the tall case.

Here's an old stock shot with the rep end links:

DSC_0716.jpg

Fantastic S, thanks.

yes, I have a line on several 78350's currently. Trying to make an informed decision. Your input really helps. Wouldn't mind if you could take a look at the possibilities. I am waiting on more photos.

Fantastic S, thanks.

yes, I have a line on several 78350's currently. Trying to make an informed decision. Your input really helps. Wouldn't mind if you could take a look at the possibilities. I am waiting on more photos.

Anytime my friend!