When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brushed SS 44mm PAM case for auto movement.

Drulee

I've just purchased another PAM, an 086 this time, so I did a little research on the gen version. Well it turns out that the gen is actually cased in brushed stainless steel, instead of titanium like the DSN version I bought.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it in titanium, but luckily this purchase included a second separate 086 dial and I happen to have a DSN A7750, crown and a set of silver hands sitting around. So all I am missing is the case and movement ring.

So, besides Jackson Tse, who would you suggest I get a brushed SS case from? Or how much effort would it take to turn a shiny PVD case into brushed stainless steel?

Also, is there a major difference between a 6497 case and an automatic one, or is it just a question of sourcing a movement ring and case back that will allow extra space for the rotor?

If you want the best, I would use an Ultimate 104 for your project. You would lhave to brush the case but that is not a big deal. You get the bold font with the nice xstal with good magnification. Below are pics of my 086 Franken (gen dial/hands/crown) based on an Ultimate 104. If you need any help with the brushing of the case, let me know.

DSCF1177.jpg

DSCF1176.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

If you want the best, I would use an Ultimate 104 for your project. You would lhave to brush the case but that is not a big deal. You get the bold font with the nice xstal with good magnification. Below are pics of my 086 Franken (gen dial/hands/crown) based on an Ultimate 104. If you need any help with the brushing of the case, let me know.

Any excuse to show off your franken, eh ;)

I forget, where did you get that strap, I've been searching for one like it for ages.

Any excuse to show off your franken, eh ;)

I forget, where did you get that strap, I've been searching for one like it for ages.

LOL, I've not posted this one over here so I thought I'd give the RWG crew a peek.

I bought the strap from Risti about 6 months ago but I can't remember who listed it. It was one of the regulars there, I remember the add stating it was one of a kind and was made of Ostrich. I have been watching for something similar to pop up again but no luck :(