When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5 Advice Please

JEC_PA

Hi everyone !! I'm new to this forum and to the replica world, I'm not new to the Gen watch world I have a few Rolex's TAG's etc. I have been looking at the DSSD V5 and was hoping for some help.

I'm considering the V5 from Eurotimez and Chris has been great with email, my questions are: has anyone purchased this watch and if so what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth it to upgrade the movement? Is a DSSD a good place to start for a first Rep or will I be disappointed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

John

I'm not new to the Gen watch world I have a few Rolex's

Is a DSSD a good place to start for a first Rep or will I be disappointed?

Probably.

No, I'm just being facetious. If you buy Chris's V5 you just may be disappointed with your gens. Not their performance, their price.

Here John, this thread will help you....................it's pretty thorough with regard..........http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/102474-who-has-the-best-dssd-116660/

Dempsey...that is quite the praise....seems that the Reps have really come along, I purchased a rep Breitling a few years ago and it was in pieces minutes after I pulled it out of the packaging, I was pretty turned off and stayed away from reps til now.

Please keep the advice coming, I just might add a Breitling to my order!!

Well, there are degrees of 'replica'. The 'collectors' listed and recommended on this site deal with the top end generally speaking. However, they too have 'entry level' pieces and note them as such with selling points as "Beginmariner" or "Noobmariner". Basically, quality replica (no junk here, unless, for some odd reason, you want 'junk', say, for party favors by the dozen) with less attention to strict detail, fitted with Asian movement.

As per my statement; the 'super reps' (of which the DSSD V5 is part and parcel) in terms of 'cost effectiveness' as compared to the genuine article are indeed amazing. Intrinsically speaking of course. The Rolex genuine DSSD is a fine watch. So is the DSSD V5 Swiss movement replica. The comparison ends there though; in the intrinsic quality only. In terms of zeitgeist, true investment collectability, fit, finish, refinement, quality control, and long term factory warranty and support, there is no comparison. That is why so many replica collectors have both genre in their collections. Genuine is genuine. Replica is replica. One will never substitute for the other.

You mention Breitling. The Aeromarine Super Ocean Steelfish replica case (from the upper tier dealers) will boast the same water resistance as the genuine article. It has been known and proven. There is little point of assembly (factory) QC, but there are dealers who will personally attend the issue and warranty of that feature. Just an allusion to the fact; these latterday replica may indeed take more than minutes to fall to pieces.

Good luck. Have fun.

I thought Noobmariner meant it was from the Noobfactory, not that it was an entry-level bargain watch.

But I am a noob, and am possibly quite mistaken.

On the subject of the DSSDv5 ... I own one and it's amazing. I look at it every day and I've had it over a month. It's off to be serviced and modded soon with gen Luminova.

Since you say you're new to the rep watch hobby, KNOW that Eurotimez' QC and photo operations ADD to the delivery time of your watch. Don't expect it until a month has passed from the order date. Be patient and don't freak out.

I thought Noobmariner meant it was from the Noobfactory, not that it was an entry-level bargain watch.

You're probably correct J. I don't pay enough attention. Suffice; the 'Noob' Sub., Not a 'bklm1234' Sub? I think John is going to be looking for top shelf............

I got mine in a week.

You did get yours before Chris had that bad issue with his QC people screwing him over. My DSSD took a month, and now my Senator Sixties took a month; the signature card was in my door when I got home from work. I'll get it from the Post Office in the morning.

I don't mind the wait; just know that it's there.

DSSDv5 is one of the few elite "Super Reps" out there .. like the yellow face Breitling and others. Should he get it as his FIRST rep? It's a lot to spend on your first but NO he will certainly not be disappointed.