When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best place to buy portuguese chrono?

imajin

I've got two of them. One died and the other I bought dead. Graphite treatment fixed them both, but the blue coating on the hands doesn't take contact that well.

Here's what I anticipate will happen to mine: The graphite fix will hold for a while, then need reapplying. That'll hold for a while but will eventually need reapplying and the hands will get more marked. Eventually, the raphite mod will have been applied so much that the inevitable happens and dust gets into the movement necessitating a strip and service. The cycle restarts and the hands keep getting worse. Yet I will keep doing this over and over as it's one of the most beautiful watches available.

Buy one like you buy an Alfa Romeo. You know one day it'll crap out and leave you stranded in the rain, but even broken down, it's still a beauty and you forgive it uncontrollably.

I've got two of them. One died and the other I bought dead. Graphite treatment fixed them both, but the blue coating on the hands doesn't take contact that well.

Here's what I anticipate will happen to mine: The graphite fix will hold for a while, then need reapplying. That'll hold for a while but will eventually need reapplying and the hands will get more marked. Eventually, the raphite mod will have been applied so much that the inevitable happens and dust gets into the movement necessitating a strip and service. The cycle restarts and the hands keep getting worse. Yet I will keep doing this over and over as it's one of the most beautiful watches available.

Buy one like you buy an Alfa Romeo. You know one day it'll crap out and leave you stranded in the rain, but even broken down, it's still a beauty and you forgive it uncontrollably.

That is the best explanation I habe ever read about this rep :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have just had a gen movement fitted so will let u know how it goes