When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus price through the roof

hooky

Wow... just saw this Angelus clock being sold on ebay, don't even 100% know for sure if it is the 190 or the 240 and the state of the movement being clean/dirty etc is also unknown.

but sold for $ 4233. ebay number 160359609409

Seems it is getting harder and harder to get a nice angelus movement when prices like these are skyrocketing.

That's not even a SF240 in there! Buyer will be VERY disappointed, but if you don't do your research then tough luck, I have no sympathy.

There was a correct version with stem wind sold on the bay last week - 360181543178 - and I thought that got quite high - $1500

The days of picking up a decent Angelus for a decent price, say $200 as I once did, are long since over unfortunately.

i have notice this price increase too

but i am out of this movements since a while... and i will not step in any more.

But i can understand this prize-fighting... this movements going rarer and rarer... and in few years you will not find any more.

That's not even a SF240 in there! Buyer will be VERY disappointed, but if you don't do your research then tough luck, I have no sympathy.

the movement in that one is a SF240...but the price is insane!!

for that amount you can get a complete Vintage Panerai from the master S! (and you have some $$$ left for the best Vintage strap)

Maybe be not just replica lovers are in the game, but more and more paneristi guys with some big money are also getting into the angelus panerai reps. Probably they don't know that for a real perfect model they need 2-3 movements for the long term enjoyment of this movement. (3x $4000) :whistling:

the movement in that one is a SF240...but the price is insane!!

for that amount you can get a complete Vintage Panerai from the master S! (and you have some $$$ left for the best Vintage strap)

I was under the impression that dial and particular desk set postdates the use of the 240, but whatever even if it is, that's still an obscene price. Lucky seller.

I just don't get the Angelus, not a beauty, nothing special or even *that* rare, well now of course stocks are thin, but there are far better movements out there. Give me a Cortebert any day of the week.

i have notice this price increase too

Noticed it? You helped cause it! :)

Seriously, RWG and Geek are driving this market. I don't know what's more amazing: the fact that our little community can cause the price of a certain kind of watch movement to triple in 18 months, or that we've tripled the value of movements that can be differentiated from gen even faster than the very first asian 6497. I won't be buying my 240 until a brige solution is available. Of course, when that happens we'll triple the price again....