When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Color comparison to GMTIIC text

TeeJay

What colour balance settings are you using? Is your monitor calibrated? What white-balance was used? What colorsync settings are you using?

If you want to colour match anything, you'll need to use a reference colour, like a Pantone colour. You can't do it across the internet like this, I'm afraid. Just looking at the three different greens in your three photos demonstrates this ain't going to be easy.

What colour balance settings are you using? Is your monitor calibrated? What white-balance was used? What colorsync settings are you using?

If you want to colour match anything, you'll need to use a reference colour, like a Pantone colour. You can't do it across the internet like this, I'm afraid. Just looking at the three different greens in your three photos demonstrates this ain't going to be easy.

Just the auto settings on the camera, and with and without flash... I would say that the first photo most closely represents the color as it appears to the naked eye, how would you say that was if taking it at face value?

Just the auto settings on the camera, and with and without flash... I would say that the first photo most closely represents the color as it appears to the naked eye, how would you say that was if taking it at face value?

On one monitor here, it's too yellow. On another it's too washed out.

I'll check it tomorrow on my calibrated monitor at work and give you a third opinion.

Don't you have access to Pantone cards?

On one monitor here, it's too yellow. On another it's too washed out.

I'll check it tomorrow on my calibrated monitor at work and give you a third opinion.

Don't you have access to Pantone cards?

Thanks for the feedback, that's interesting to know :) To the naked eye, it appears very similar to how the color appears on the watch, I just thought I'd get some clarification from those who have studied the watch more extensively than myself :)

No, I haven't access to them. I've used online Pantone reference before, but not actually got a set of cards myself.

Calibrated monitor (Gamma 1.8, though, not 2.2) and it looks close.

Close enough for most of us anyway. :)

Thanks for checking, and that'll be close enough for me :D The source of the color is the green from a set of 0.4mm Staedtler Lumocolor permanant markers :)

Oh, I have one of those. I'll test it myself and report back. :)

Cool :) Happy modding :tu:

I wasn't planning on creating a GMT II C dial from a regular dial, but, for my GMTIICSub project, I wanted to tint the 'Submariner' text green to match with the GMT hand :)

Good thinking on the marker--I've tried to use those as the first step to fix the a's on PAMs..the black does not quite match.

Not to be a dope, but if you're painting over white, couldn't you get an exact match using oil paints, which you can mix to match, and a fine brush which wouldn't seem any harder to use than a marker?

Good thinking on the marker--I've tried to use those as the first step to fix the a's on PAMs..the black does not quite match.

Not to be a dope, but if you're painting over white, couldn't you get an exact match using oil paints, which you can mix to match, and a fine brush which wouldn't seem any harder to use than a marker?

I know what you mean, I've used a black marker as well, and as you say, it never quite matches :)

You're absolutely right, it would be possible to get an exact color match with paints, but, there's no way I could achieve that level of precision with a brush. To be honest, even the marker tip is too big really, but it 'bleeds' onto the existing print quite nicely, so I can get a neater job, than I would with brush :)