When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Just

basis280

I wish I knew the answer to this as well. Last time I bought a "standard" size 2824 this is what I wound up with.

282417j2.jpg

DSCN2664.jpg

It sure would be nice if one of you DJ experts need to explain exactly what we should be looking for.

It sure seems to me that the size needed is the largest size made or at least the 2nd to the largest.

I wish I knew the answer to this as well. Last time I bought a "standard" size 2824 this is what I wound up with.

282417j2.jpg

DSCN2664.jpg

It sure would be nice if one of you DJ experts need to explain exactly what we should be looking for.

It sure seems to me that the size needed is the largest size made or at least the 2nd to the largest.

Yes from what i have been reading the 2824-2 needs a taller canon pinion ....the 2836-2 is a bit higher "standard"

not sure you can use a 2836-2 in a 162xx case, however you can in a 160xx case

Diamond dial is the thickest dial to clear for the hands. I never had to use another cannon pinion for my frankens, all where 160xx's (acryllic crystal), all stickmarker dials and all fitted with standard eta 2836.

Thanks .. so, looks like best way is to go with 2836-2 in a 160xx/3035 case ...unless youe skilled at replacing the canon pinion

Diamond dial is the thickest dial to clear for the hands. I never had to use another cannon pinion for my frankens, all where 160xx's (acryllic crystal), all stickmarker dials and all fitted with standard eta 2836.

I also forgot , Did you use the Mr. Stilty conversion ring .. for your 160xx/3035 ..2836-2 frankens ? Thank you

Yes from what i have been reading the 2824-2 needs a taller canon pinion ....the 2836-2 is a bit higher "standard"

not sure you can use a 2836-2 in a 162xx case, however you can in a 160xx case

Rules for 162xx (saphire crystal) are different from the 160xx series. I have no experience with the saphires as i am a sucker for the raised plastics, though i know for a fact that the 162xx series need a 2824/2892 with regard to the stem hight.

Thanks .. so, looks like best way is to go with 2836-2 in a 160xx/3035 case ...unless youe skilled at replacing the canon pinion

Just try and see if it works, it will only cost you our time if you already have the parts at your disposal.

Regarding the spacer, i did use it on 2 162zz projects, in the others i used plastic spacers harvested from reps. The spacer is only used to align the stem and/or to accomodate the smaller movement size (ie the rolex cal. is larger in diameter). This has nothing to do with the hight of the pinion, you will have to use the spacer.

Edited by slickdick