When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watcheden's Speedmaster Moon

condemore

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

So can I get an expert to chime in here. Anyway to replace the Japanese Quartz movement with an automatic one. On this particular model the 30 minute counter at 3 is the 12 counter, 12 hour counter at 6 is the second hand counter, and ordinary seconds at 9 is the 30 minute counter. Just wondering if possible. Probably not but who cares. For 88 bucks you had better order quickly before they are all gone. :)

Edited by Coeuss

Good looking watch. Good value for the money, but this;

On this particular model the 30 minute counter at 3 is the 12 counter, 12 hour counter at 6 is the second hand counter, and ordinary seconds at 9 is the 30 minute counter.

is the deal breaker for me. I have faith the newly configured 7750 will be used in the Moonie. When? Doesn't matter. I missed the first runs w/domed plexi way back when. It's been five years waiting since. Patience like an oyster. Patience pays in passing zones and 'replica'.

Coeuss, the envraging on the claps doesn't look very deep, is it indeed ?

Mine arrived today and I can confirm that the engraving is quite shallow, its crisp but no more than a few thou deep.

However, this watch represents excellent value. For what I paid, its really very good.

The end links are a bit rough underneath but who's gonna see it. The strap is not stiff at all and its well polished.

Again, its an absolute bargain with the $20 discount that Watcheden are offering at the moment.

Even if its only used to pratice decasing or removing hands its worth it.

moonie2.jpg

Congrats to the OP for discovering this little gem :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And this is the quartz model? Damn, I got the one with the fat crown, no accent in tachymetre, but it has the domed crystal.

'Looks like I may be getting in touch with Sarah for a special order. It seems no one on any board can help me with a crown/stem mod.

Dang...

:wounded1:

Mine arrived today and I can confirm that the engraving is quite shallow, its crisp but no more than a few thou deep.

However, this watch represents excellent value. For what I paid, its really very good.

The end links are a bit rough underneath but who's gonna see it. The strap is not stiff at all and its well polished.

Again, its an absolute bargain with the $20 discount that Watcheden are offering at the moment.

Even if its only used to pratice decasing or removing hands its worth it.

moonie2.jpg

Congrats to the OP for discovering this little gem :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OK, I'm an idiot, and I just got mine... Now as i look at; what do the subdials do? I probably should have known this before I ordered this, but at $88 I didn't want to miss out...

I know the dial at 6 is the seconds, but what about 3 and 9?

Edited by mudfish

Hey guy, I've been pretty busy this week. My quartz Speedy arrived a few days ago. It's exactly the same as described in the original pictures.

I'm very happy with it, and for the money it's a wonderful wrist watch.

My large Tachy hand was resetting at the 58sec mark when it arrived. But of course when you unscrew and pull the crown you can advance the Tachy hand by pushing the start/stop button. In fact you can have the Tachy hand start and reset to wherever you want. All I had to do was pull out the crown and push the stop/start button twice to advance the hand to the 60sec mark and screw the crown back in. Problem solved.

I would admit it does make me want to own a gen though.

The hands on the sub-dials on mine do the following :-

Dial @ 9 is a minute counter for the stopwatch which sweeps round as the stopwatch is running in the same way as the main minute hand sweeps round the dial. 1 hour per revolution

Dial @ 6 is a running second hand which ticks 1 revolution per minute.

Dial @ 3 is a running hour counter for the main time. 1 revolution every 24 hours.

These are the functions of the hands, not what is printed on the dial.

Hope this helps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Have a good weekend all

Arniezac.

My large Tachy hand was resetting at the 58sec mark when it arrived. But of course when you unscrew and pull the crown you can advance the Tachy hand by pushing the start/stop button. In fact you can have the Tachy hand start and reset to wherever you want. All I had to do was pull out the crown and push the stop/start button twice to advance the hand to the 60sec mark and screw the crown back in. Problem solved.

Man, I can not thank you enough for that post! I was so disappointed when I opened mine up last night and found the hand in the same position as yours. I immediately sent out an e-mail enquiring about a return/exchange and woke up this morning thinking maybe it would be easier to go to a jeweler and have him remove/replace the hand in the proper position. Thanks for saving me the hassle and embarassment.

On a side note, does anybody have a pic of a speedy on a brown leather strap? I'm not that thrilled with the bracelet this came on and am debating between a black pilot style strap and a dark brown vintage/oiled type of strap. Any thoughts?

Man, I can not thank you enough for that post! I was so disappointed when I opened mine up last night and found the hand in the same position as yours. I immediately sent out an e-mail enquiring about a return/exchange and woke up this morning thinking maybe it would be easier to go to a jeweler and have him remove/replace the hand in the proper position. Thanks for saving me the hassle and embarassment.

On a side note, does anybody have a pic of a speedy on a brown leather strap? I'm not that thrilled with the bracelet this came on and am debating between a black pilot style strap and a dark brown vintage/oiled type of strap. Any thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing... I have a 24mm distressed leather strap that I have on a non-working PAM, and I would love to squeeze it on...