When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new 6152/1 Angelus Destro...

projectologist

Picked up this vintage piece when the Erfurt Combo was in Chicago this past weekend for the 1st annual Vintage GTG. Beautifully reworked case, gen crystal, amazing Ross dial vintagized to perfection by Helmut and all set off by Gunny's latest 1:1 vintage Panerai strap. Note that the Angelus movement only has the single engraving per the period correct movements used by Panerai. For me it helps make up a little for not being the non-alarm version.

Excuse the lo-res phone pics as I didn't take a camera with me.

photo6152d.jpg

photo6152f.jpg

photo6152e.jpg

photo6152b.jpg

photo6152a.jpg

photo6152c.jpg

Amazing pickup. You mention it's not a fantasy piece - I'm not questioning that, but would you happen to have a photo of an original Angelus destro? Very curious now! The flat hands work well with the dial, and if I ever find a strap 1/2 as good as that, I'll be happy ;)

I don't have an Angelus destro pic, but as acknowledged in Volker's book, many variations exist and have yet to all be documented. Plus VDB said that so far several Destros are known to exist, but have not been photo-documented.