When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I was thinking of getting this Parnis

ChipSlap

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/T0165/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1240792357671003663&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1239717806671017347&webId=1239717806671017346&productId=1240796306312004101

I have 1 Parnis I got via ebay. I am very happy with it (once I got a better strap). It's an A6497 that runs fast by less than 1 second a day, and it was only $41 after shipping. So I was wondering if anyone here has bought the "46mm Black Dial Pilot Style Mechanical Asian 2824 Automatic Date Watch" from Getatwatch. What's the word on the street about this one?

b_1240796107609004079.jpg

b_1240796107609004080.jpg

Getat is a great bloke. He's on RWG1.1 as a dealer if you want to ask him any questions!

The Parnis stuff is great value, I'm very happy with the Parnis stuff I've got so far (below), so much so I've got another two coming in the post shortly...

dscf1603z.jpg

dscf1596.jpg

dscf1419c.jpg

dscf1427b.jpg

The movement in the one you've posted looks a lot like the one in my one above, which has a pretty noisy rotor, unfortunately. However, it does keep great time and winds easily with a few swirls of the rotor!

I would perhaps recommend trying for that watch on ebay as I have seen it sold. I don't want to take sales away from Getat but at the same time I don't want to see anyone pay more than they have to! Getat will do well enough with the other great stuff he sells ;):tu:

Edited by Member X

Getat lume is about to undergo a quantum improvment thanks to the fact that Tat actualy listens to customers wants. John put him on to Glowinc and that will (with any luck) soon be the std lume for Getat watches!

The guy is amazing, he even does a five position timer test on each watch before shipping!

As to does anyone have that watch: Only about half the board at RWG1.1. Been a very popular choice along with HD's BBP above.

Col.

I have just ordered a whole bag of components from Tat and inquired about his new lume, he is throwing it on everything I've ordered for a small fee. He is really on the ball and he really does check all his stuff like no one else.

Once I have built my new pieces I will post them up.