When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chrono

x86uops

Just received a new tag link chrono from one of the reputable dealers here. Great experience with the dealer. However, I am still working on the issues with the dealer but I hope you guys can help with this.

Problem #1: when running the stop watch, the chrono stops almost always at the 4 hour or 8 hour position ... and the second subdial stops too. I thought this was just a power reserve thing, so I did a reset on the stop watch and place it on my watch winder overnight. The next morning, I tried it again and same issue. The chrono starts, then stops at 4 hour position. When you gently shake the watch, then it starts all over again until it hits the 4 hour position, then it stops again (intermittently).

My next step was to set the hour and minute hands at the 12 hour position (to see if this is caused by the second hand touching either the minute or hour hand). .. but no luck, the issue is still there.

Problem #2: I need to recheck this again, but in the 12 hour that the tag was sitting in the watch winder, it lost approx 4 minutes. Yes, the winder has fresh batteries.

Do you think I got a lemon? :(

Problem #2: I need to recheck this again, but in the 12 hour that the tag was sitting in the watch winder, it lost approx 4 minutes. Yes, the winder has fresh batteries.

Wind it up by hand with the manual wind, let it run in for a day or two. Maybe even run the chrono for a day.

This will iron out all the new-watch bugs.

I was told by Josh to wind the watch after I received it. My stop watch hand stopped at 25, and so did the second hand on the small dial. After winding it 30 or 40 revs, the watch has run perfectly.

Watch winder or not, the new 7750 needs to be initally wound manually.

Just received a new tag link chrono from one of the reputable dealers here. Great experience with the dealer. However, I am still working on the issues with the dealer but I hope you guys can help with this.

Problem #1: when running the stop watch, the chrono stops almost always at the 4 hour or 8 hour position ... and the second subdial stops too. I thought this was just a power reserve thing, so I did a reset on the stop watch and place it on my watch winder overnight. The next morning, I tried it again and same issue. The chrono starts, then stops at 4 hour position. When you gently shake the watch, then it starts all over again until it hits the 4 hour position, then it stops again (intermittently).

My next step was to set the hour and minute hands at the 12 hour position (to see if this is caused by the second hand touching either the minute or hour hand). .. but no luck, the issue is still there.

Do you think I got a lemon? :(

Similar problems with the same watch and the full wind and a day of running without wearing, then full wind again solved all problems. This is an issue with swiss 7750 as well.