When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Pearl paint?

landwomble

I've an Omega PO that's arrived without a pearl. Before I hassle the supplier (!) I was wondering if there was any chance that someone sells a glow in the dark product that I can just squirt into the pearl depression, wipe flat, and have a new pearl - glow in the dark powder premixed with epoxy or similar, in small quantities, available in the EU. I'm guessing the answer is "no" given the complexity of the relume threads on here, but thought it worth asking...!

<edit>like this stuff: http://www.glowtec.co.uk/paint-green-2.htm ?

Edited by landwomble

Send it back. If the pearl is unfinished, the pearl crystal is probably missing as well. It won't look right with just the lume in there.

Have done, the gentleman in question has another waiting for me: top man!

I must admit, I'm not quite sure what a pearl usually consists of. On my (gen) Seamaster it looks like either a flat plastic disk or just a flat blob of glow paint. it's not a sticky-outy type one.

Anyway, Narikaa comes through - the watch was so nice that I was tempted to keep it rather than take a few days to get a replacement but think on balance having one that's perfect's a better idea.