When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sending a package overseas to a PO box....?

silverspeed

Do any of you have experience with sending reps overseas, Australia in my case, to a PO box....?

I'll be sending it with track&trace and offcourse the package needs signing for. I remember a dealer, don't remember who, saying it is a royal PITA to send items to PO boxes.

Could really use your input on this.

The way I see it, it should be better than a physical address, as if nobody is home when the courier arrives, they will leave a note for it to be picked up at the post office anyway - if a package is too big to fit into the box, you will get a note in the box to say go in and pick it up. Honestly, as a recipient I would trust something to get to me better if sent to the PO box rather than home address. Aside from having no physical place for the recipient in these cases if something does go wrong, I don't see the issue people have sending to PO boxes.

I'm in Australia, and always have my packages sent to my local PO, who, take delivery, and hold the package until I come in and sign for it.

I've had many packages from O/S, including the one I received a few days ago from Vac.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Lumpy.

Ditto to this. I'm in Australia as well. Have had a PO Box for years. USPS is no problem. I think some of the FedEx type couriers don't deliver to PO Boxes. I have NEVER had any problem with USPS. Especially with their tracking services. I have business partners in the States and receive several packages every month.

FedEx deliver to my Po box in OZ. They won't come out to the house. They can't find it! Even if it's addresed to the house they just dump it at the post office.

I think the point here is that in OZ all Po Boxes are at the Post Office, not some third party mail service like some countries.

BTW, HERE is a handy little site that tell you the correct format for adressing mail to allmost any country in the world.

Col.