When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysse Nardin MMD Crazy Sale

Toadtorrent

Hey folks,

Just saw this crazy deal at Prestige Watch Company (PWC) over at RG...sellers of the infamous reviewed $99 green sapphire Milgauss. They now have the recently released pimple dial and blue surf model MMD's for $99. Yup...CLAIMED to be the same one as the $179 standard issue, but looks to be a little different.

I couldn't afford to say no. ;)

PWC MMD Sale

The MMD pimple dial has a black background bezel which although technically inaccurate from what I can tell, I actually prefer. It's the same loking bezel as the blue surf line. The date font looks crappier on the $99 model too (too thin).

I figure, given that the movement is a cheaper $20 movement rather than a Swi-nese ETA, it warrants the pricing. I'll post a review of course when it arrives.

I'm guessing there are if the date font is wrong and the bezel is the wrong colour...otherwise it's the same factory, and they had the "B" team doing assembly.

[EDIT]

I was looking at the PWC one and Andrew's and I thought they looked very different on the caseback. Then I realized I was coparing the SS bracelet version of Andrew's with the PWC one.

If comparing the PWC one and Andrew's rubber one, they are close. Apparently there is a different caseback between the SS braceoet ones and rubber...at least with Trusty. Different rotor too.

The rubber version of both looks more similar:

22k on the rotor

Different colour rotor...but the designs look similar

Same font and text on the casebacks

The datefonts look different though...heavier on Trusty's.

I have no idea why the factory is doing this. Doesn't seem cost effective.

I have no idea why the factory is doing this. Doesn't seem cost effective.

It just looks like an easy way for them and their dealers to differentiate between the different grades of watches. Probably the same factory making one for street dealers and tourists and one for the higher end. Probably both cost the same to make though.