When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchstorage

p-lund

I think I read from someone on here there wasn't a difference on how they were kept. I keep mine on my winder to save the time I have to spend setting them each time I want to wear one. I usually have to still set the time because they either gain some or loose some depending on the watch.

This a very good question and answears will varry. I like to keep a watch that I might wear on a winder for all of the above reasons. But for the most part I keep my watches In a watchbox and wind them every few weeks. This Is something I enjoy doing because I like to Interact with my watches. I have a Omega that Is 40 yrs old and has never been on a winder or serviced for that matter, my bad for the lack of service. The watch still keeps good time. I know are reps are not omegas but I dont feel that you have to keep all of your watches on a winder to have them for a long time. Thanks for the toppic :) Mike

If your watch is going to sit idle for more than a few weeks, I would give it a full wind (40 turns) once every month. That should keep the oils circulating without causing any appreciable wear. A good watch winder would be my 2nd choice since they do not cause any more wear than wearing your watch. The 1 thing I would not do is let the watch sit idle for long periods (more than 5-6 months) of time. Unless, of course, you are willing to have the watch professionally overhauled before wearing it again.

If your watch is going to sit idle for more than a few weeks, I would give it a full wind (40 turns) once every month. That should keep the oils circulating without causing any appreciable wear. A good watch winder would be my 2nd choice since they do not cause any more wear than wearing your watch. The 1 thing I would not do is let the watch sit idle for long periods (more than 5-6 months) of time. Unless, of course, you are willing to have the watch professionally overhauled before wearing it again.

thanks for your reply. according to your answer it