When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a little movement (not bowel) help

jmb

OK, y'all, I need some help. I need to replace the el-crappo movement in my Noobmariner with something that will run longer that 3-4 hours without thumping it. I figured this would also be a good time for a high-beat upgrade and decided on the 4813 which I promptly ordered from Cousins. No good, short hand stack and not enough pinion sticking up above the dial to stick the hour hand to. Use thin dial spacer and datewheel overlay rubs so that's no good either. I order another from ofrei and wind up with exactly the same thing. I give up and order a 2813 (I really want to wear the watch) get everything put together up to the seconds hand and there wasn't enough pinion sticking up for the hand's tube to get a grip on!!!!! Does anybody know a reliable source for the correct 4813 with the longer pinions? I'm gonna go broke trying to find a good movement at this rate. I suppose I could admit defeat and just tell people it's a rare special order "SS" (sans seconds) model...

Edited by jmb

OK, I'll try the PM route. Hey, Trailboss, the 2813 I got from ofrei looks to have a "protruding" seconds pinion but is DOA - will only run right-side up!. Hopefully they will agree to replace it and I'll at least be back in the game...

I received a reply from AJS that he does not have any more movements and no longer has a source for them. It appears that an inexpensive high-beat upgrade for the a21j may not exist anymore.