When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dw 6263 Vs. Extraextra 6263

ubiquitous

A good friend of mine recently sent me his ExtraExtra 6263 for overall evaluation and study. I received this watch today and immediately took close examination of this subject. In doing so, I noticed many similarities between this watch and the DW 6263!

I am a visual kind of guy, so I think pictures do a better job of expressing more than my words could convey. That being the case on with the pics, post haste!

Side by side, sunny side up.

291-8206.jpg

Backsides:

291-8207.jpg

From the side:

291-8208.jpg

Clasps:

291-8209.jpg

291-8210.jpg

As evidenced by the images above, the case and bracelet are the same, as are the crown, pushers, bezel and even the standard crystal that it comes equipped with. Pushers are asymmetric, and at the same offset and angle as the DW.

Now, for the differences. Of course, the movement is not exactly correct as it's an auto 7750, and the subdials are spaced a bit farther than they should be (note the distances of the subdials in comparison). The casebacks are much different as well, most notably in the profile (the EE has a taller caseback to accomodate the winding rotor).

Overall, it's a very nice piece, with a lot of potential!

So, what do you guys think, now that we have a 7750 based Dayto side by side with the DW? There are some very obvious differences, but the similarities of this watch are quite close! For what it's worth, the ExtraExtra 6263 is the only other rep I've seen that is closest to the DW's and genuine, especially in terms of pusher spacing. If only those subdials were closer on the EE....

291-8211.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome!

:happy:

Best,

R