When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's involved with fixing a Deepsea date wheel?

Prsist

It depends on why it's not advancing. Usually, it's a quick fix regardless of the movement. If the movement does need fixing, replacing with another asian movement is a quick fix too...with the labour costing about 5x the cost of the movement!!

Going from Asian to Swiss movements though is more work because of datewheel issues, dial mounting and more importantly, hand sizes. Hands though are easy to come by, and most watchsmiths LIKELY carry an assortment of diver watch hands...BUT, the DSSD has blue lume...that's an issue.

So it is quite possible a new movement would be needed? Do you know if an eta movt would fit in the Deepsea? I believe mine is a V2.

My DeepSea arrived several months ago with a bad date change TOO .. just like yours. Contact your Dealer and see how much a new movement is. If it's Asian, it could be very inexpensive. I don't know about your V2 but the V5 takes either Asian or ETA.

when you say bad date change you mean date does not change or it changes but is not centered in date window? My DSSD v5 change dates but for dates beyond 20, digits are too low and close to the lower edge of the date window. can i fix that? shall i change movement, date wheel?

Thanks.

My DeepSea arrived several months ago with a bad date change TOO .. just like yours. Contact your Dealer and see how much a new movement is. If it's Asian, it could be very inexpensive. I don't know about your V2 but the V5 takes either Asian or ETA.