When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5 - single main flaw - help

dimoza

Hello,

received my DSSD V5 (gen ETA) from Chris this week. Since, I am fethcing for flaws; couldn't find many. Even compared with my neighboor gen ... QUITE ACCURATE!

The only main flaw I ID (besides weak lumes and pearl material ... acceptable for a rep) is with the alignment of the date inside the date window. Very annoying: Date beyond 20 are all very low on the window.

Any ideas how this could be fixed? Would a gen date wheel work here? any gen dial for DSSD out there? if so, would it fit? (it did on my UPO).

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

for me a notable flaw is the crystal. If You compare it with the look of the gen, You will see from a great distance that its a fake. I dont know how to explain, but the rep Chrystal looks distorted, like a loup. A Gen never will !But the biggest flaw of all is the after sale service of Eurotimezz. It s a really mess. I got my V5 with a broken bezel/inlay some weeks ago.

i send them many emails, got many answeres from different people. Eeach one gave me a new ticket and nothing,really nothing conrete happened.And the only thing I need is a new bezel/inlay. I feel really cheated!!!I bought watches at Josh, Angus, Phong. If there was a Problem, they always solved it immediately. they are real businessmen and they will never "get a victim of their success".

This is the biggest [censored] I ever heard!

its really strange with this DSSD V5 ...

its like they sell different watches -

at least 2 different middle cases - some have a funny looking HEVs - some not ?

some have this balloon crystal - some not ?

would be cool of one of ETs staff members chime in ;)

cheers,

Frank

Gents, I compared the saphire with gen... the "bubble" is there as well, maybe less prominent. I think it has to do with the thickness of the glass and the absence of AR coating - I don't know if inside AR inside AR coating is applied on the gen though.

Hi,

for me a notable flaw is the crystal. If You compare it with the look of the gen, You will see from a great distance that its a fake. I dont know how to explain, but the rep Chrystal looks distorted, like a loup. A Gen never will !But the biggest flaw of all is the after sale service of Eurotimezz. It s a really mess. I got my V5 with a broken bezel/inlay some weeks ago.

i send them many emails, got many answeres from different people. Eeach one gave me a new ticket and nothing,really nothing conrete happened.And the only thing I need is a new bezel/inlay. I feel really cheated!!!I bought watches at Josh, Angus, Phong. If there was a Problem, they always solved it immediately. they are real businessmen and they will never "get a victim of their success".

It actually has to do with the fact that the crystals pre V4--from their side profile--used to have a convex (domed) top and a flat bottom. Now, post v5, both the bottom and the top of the crystal are convexed, which is why you see the distortion caused by refraction due to the different shape. I personally believe the reason why they did this was because the rehaut on the v4's & previous were a hair too deep, and instead of going through the trouble of changing the case by shortening the rehaut, thus having to redo the engraving, they found it an easier solution to just use a different shaped crystal, giving the illusion that the rehaut is thinner.

Hi,

for me a notable flaw is the crystal. If You compare it with the look of the gen, You will see from a great distance that its a fake. I dont know how to explain, but the rep Chrystal looks distorted, like a loup. A Gen never will !

Unfortunately, I looked around and I can't find ANY photos of a gen DeepSea tilted far enough to make any distortion on a gen or a rep .. so I cant debate this. The photographer never tilts the gens over enough, to the point where my rep starts to distort.

Hi,

This is why i do not have dssd, and why i do not have little hero 112. very scared with qc.

Below pic of gen DSSD taken from crown side. I still see a dome, less prominent though. My main concern is really the alignment of the date inside the date window. Any suggestions, did anybody encounter this problem... and resolves it? Would a gen date wheel work here? any gen dial for DSSD out there? if so, would it fit?.

Thanks for the help.

post-22904-125432669664_thumb.jpg

I believe the only solution to your date misalignment is to have a new date wheel installed. It won't do any good to adjust the current one because only some of the dates are misaligned. My V3 is like that, too. From 20 on the dates sit low.

You might PM BK about this, when he gets back from vacation on Oct. 2. He might know how to fix it.

I believe the only solution to your date misalignment is to have a new date wheel installed. It won't do any good to adjust the current one because only some of the dates are misaligned. My V3 is like that, too. From 20 on the dates sit low.

You might PM BK about this, when he gets back from vacation on Oct. 2. He might know how to fix it.

How can I reach him? thanks for your support!