When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

titanium cases - sanding down sharp edges?

landwomble

emery board. all you ant to do is "dull" the edges... finish with a pen eraser...this will take it back to the original finish.. then you'll be ready to oxidize the metal (if your so inclined)

AC

Lani

oxidise? as in filing it off will show unoxidised, different colour titanium so I need to do something to get it to match? I'd presumed it'd be like aluminium and cover itself with oxide but maybe not after thinking about it...

oxidise? as in filing it off will show unoxidised, different colour titanium so I need to do something to get it to match? I'd presumed it'd be like aluminium and cover itself with oxide but maybe not after thinking about it...

no, the pen eraser will bring it back to match the rest of the case.. if it's a Pam the oxidizing with oxi-clean darkens the

Ti to look like the genuine article.. I have somewhere a detailed tutorial of "how to" you need oxi-clean and boiling water.. no noe can seem to locate it though .. it was posted about a year and a half ago. our search engine is being worked on by Admin so finding now is rough..