When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupid question - which direction take bracelet pin out?

Gadgeguy2009

Hello all,

I just got a new nice replica from watcheden ( Oris Carlos Coste ). I would like to adjust the bracelet (take 2 links out) but I am not sure which way the pins come out as there are no arrows or other indications on the bracelet.

I had once some problems with a similar bracelet ( on a Tag Aquaracer), and when I ended up pushing the pin the wrong way, it got stuck.

So on the Oris I would like to avoid pushing the wrong way.

Is there any trick to finding out which side the pin should be pushed?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Most bracelets have an arrow on the reverse side to show you.

If you aren't that lucky, have a look at the ends of the pins. The one with a slot , (looks a bit like a screw head)

is the end and direction you would push towards. The round or flat head, is where you push from.

O/S

Most bracelets have an arrow on the reverse side to show you.

If you aren't that lucky, have a look at the ends of the pins. The one with a slot , (looks a bit like a screw head)

is the end and direction you would push towards. The round or flat head, is where you push from.

O/S

Thanks, that helps. There is no arrow, so I will look at the slot vs. flat!

I might just know someone who has a whole bunch of pin pushers if you need one!whistling.gif

Thaaaaaats where I was headed................ :lol:

<edit> I may as well put the addendum here A, I paid a visit to your stall in 'Accessories' great start, and best o' luck to you.................

Some bracelets, like the Planet Ocean bracelet, have internal friction tubes that grab the pins, instead of the pins being split, and "gripping" by themselves.

These bracelets with internal friction tubes are VERY VERY difficult to size without the proper long-sized punches and a sizing anvil. Many people here, including the Pros, break and bend these pins even tho they are being very careful.

So, your mileage may vary.

A little pin removing vise is fine for some bracelets, but a hammer, anvil, and long pin punch is needed for others.

*** What a pin vise may look like ***

41LfPcajKOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

*** What a Hammer/Anvil/Punch set might look like ***

bracelet_tool_kit_5.jpg