When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Chronographe

xelorrolex

Hi Folks

i'm considering to buy the SS lemania version of the malte VC chronographe :wub: .

Just would like to know your opinion about it and your experience so far.

Overall feeling ? finition ? Blue or silver hands ? ....

Should i swap it for the A. LANGE & Sohne version ?

107846-24647.jpg

Thanks to help me to pull (or not) the trigger :whistling:

Xel B)

Hi Folks

i'm considering to buy the SS lemania version of the malte VC chronographe :wub: .

107856-24646.jpg

Xel B)

Beautiful watch but the subdials are wrong size and position. Same is true on the A Lange. The lemania that these genuines are based on is not replicated in this movement.

I wish the rep factories would do more copies of genuine 2 subdial chronos that are based on the Venus 175. Maurice Lacroix has an absolutely gorgeous chrono with a display caseback that shows off the Venus caliber movement and our "Lemania" movement, which is actually a copy of the 175, would show off beautifully and realistically. There would be no subdial spacing issues either.

I happen to own both the VC (rose and stainless) and the Lange. The VC chronograph is a great watch. The silver is correct for the hands and hour markers. The Lange is also beautiful and very high quality finish, but the subdial location is incorrect. Anyone who knows Lange would instantly know it is a rep. That being said, I prefer the Lange, it has a bigger and more solid feel. It is so good, that I am looking into having the Lange markings removed and making it a generic chronograph.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Nice choice!

One of the advantages of selecting a "less popular" model is that there are far fewer people out there that would be able to spot any discrepancies.

The previous post had some good feedback, so I would say "Go for it!"

Post images when you get the watch!

Edited by DuDro

Before you get to subdials and movement's etc, you should ask yourself, "Can I pull off owning a 38K watch." If you can, nobody will notice the subdials are 1.03mm too far apart, or that the movement is a Venus 175. They'll just think it's real even if they know what a vacheron is. If the answer is no, everyone will think you're wearing a fake, even if you were wearing a gen.

Nobody who knows me would believe I could afford a $40,000 watch or would buy one if I could, so I just don't buy reps of watches that expensive.

i like the vacheron chrono

beautiful watch... all is perfect, but one problem:

the crown is screwed... and this is a hand winding movement. So you must wind up this watch every day. And you must screw the crown (open and again close). If you make it 200-300 time the crown screws will demaged... the crown will not close... this replica is not built for using every day :angry:

I happen to own both the VC (rose and stainless) and the Lange. The VC chronograph is a great watch. The silver is correct for the hands and hour markers. The Lange is also beautiful and very high quality finish, but the subdial location is incorrect. Anyone who knows Lange would instantly know it is a rep. That being said, I prefer the Lange, it has a bigger and more solid feel. It is so good, that I am looking into having the Lange markings removed and making it a generic chronograph.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

"Anybody who knows Lange" is the germaine point!!...

Do YOU know anybody who even knows that there is a Lange watch company??...Shoot...I spent most of my adult career in the banking and yachting business, and NEVER even saw(or heard of) one till I started visiting TimeZone in 1994....

Actually, I've been an active watch collector since then, And I have only seen 1 real one!!!... :D:D:D

>>Do YOU know anybody who even knows that there is a Lange watch company??...Shoot...I spent most of my >>adult career in the banking and yachting business, and NEVER even saw(or heard of) one till I started visiting >>TimeZone in 1994....

>>Actually, I've been an active watch collector since then, And I have only seen 1 real one!!!... biggrin.gif >>biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I guess I just live in the wrong neighborhood. I have way too many friends who could tell the difference on a Lange. :whistling:

Regards.

I am a big VC fan.

Got the Malte Chrono in SS.

About 2-3 years now with this timepiece.

Still one of my favorites.

Continues to work perfectly.

Replace the cheap strap with a good quality leather one makes this watch look even better.

The Venus 175 movement is bullet proof.

Yes the Chrono's are not in perfect alignment secondary to the movement.

But I would rather have a solid working watch that is just slightly off perfect,

than a perfect watch that does not work.

(Yes I am still grumbling about my broken Daytona, looks great - doesn't work)

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Buy it !!!

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks

125661-20424.jpg

Xel B)

I would have bought this watch years ago if it were more accurate. The subdial size and placement was something I could never get past, though.