When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mrs Linder's J12 Put To The Ultimate Test!

Linder

Just one hour ago Mrs. Linder stopped by our local Patek and Rolex AD to pick up a ring she was having worked on. The sales lady who has been very nice to us asked to see Mrs. Linder's watch for a moment. My wife handed her watch over and then the sales lady went to the back and pulled out a small item wrapped in paper.

As she unwrapped the paper, the sales lady said they had come across a knock-off J12 and wanted to compare it to the original. My wife got very scared and watched in horror as our dealer friend unwrapped the second white J12 and placed it onto the counter next to Mrs. Linder's own watch.

However, to my wife's suprise and delight, the other watch did not have the same feel of quality or the same look of almost translucent ceramic as her own watch did. Our dealer friend compared the two for a few minutes using the better ceramic version from EL as the reference "genuine" model and taking note of the various flaws in the other watch.

In the end, my wife walked away convinced EL has stolen someone elses genuine J12 and sent it to us :Jumpy:

Thank you EL for taking the time to source for us this better version. It was put to the test and passed! :1a:

I'm curious, did they say where they obtained their fake?

Also, congrats to your wife for having the cool to handle this very awkward situation. I don't think my wife would have done as well, but then she has turned down my offers to buy her some very nice reps to supplement the two or three gens she already owns.

Unfortunately, my wife did not ask.

I'm going to try going back wearing a horrible, horrible Rolex submariner I picked up years ago in Mexico. It has a GMT bezel and just looks rediculous.

I will walk in and ask if I can get it sized :lol:

Maybe I can find out why they have the J12.

Was the J12 in question the black one EL is offering now, or a white one?

What did you have to pay for that?

I have seen 2 versions over at wo-mart, one of them with "real ceramic", and that costed 4x the "ceramic" version.

Does it make a lot of difference?