When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN titanium crownguard

klocklind1

copyofpb273458ym4.jpg

Sorry but this is the only pictures I have as I have since sold my 177H , This DSN is the best CG for a 177H by far it is on a Cartel case.

pc253585am6.jpg

The screw holes were too small on the CG and had to be filed out which was not an easy job, but very doable all the same. If you can get this think type then it will be great. But what you can see is that they are slightly too tall for some cases

p8284143.jpg

the one on my 055 is the same size as a cartel CG and is a straight swap.

The thing is the only Ti DSN seems to make is the Auto 240 version which firstly is not think like the one above but more importantly the holes are too close together and it is not usable. Perhaps Someone who has a 24o might be able to try it on another Non auto case and see if that fits, but i have my doubt.s

Try and get the thick one they are very good .

ST4

ST4, what do you mean by "the only Ti DSN seems to make is the Auto 240 version"? Please clarify...

If it is then that may well be the only CG he has which I doubt very much will fit a cartel case, based on the. Assumption that my 229 auto , I know not a Ti but an auto the CGs on these willnot work on a standard manual case.

Hope that makes sense. What we need is someone with a 240 to chime in and say they've tried the CG on another case.

DUURRRR I forgot about the 57 as well, but thats an auto as well, if any one has one of these they could test the CG

copyofpb273458ym4.jpg

Sorry but this is the only pictures I have as I have since sold my 177H , This DSN is the best CG for a 177H by far it is on a Cartel case.

pc253585am6.jpg

The screw holes were too small on the CG and had to be filed out which was not an easy job, but very doable all the same. If you can get this think type then it will be great. But what you can see is that they are slightly too tall for some cases

p8284143.jpg

the one on my 055 is the same size as a cartel CG and is a straight swap.

The thing is the only Ti DSN seems to make is the Auto 240 version which firstly is not think like the one above but more importantly the holes are too close together and it is not usable. Perhaps Someone who has a 24o might be able to try it on another Non auto case and see if that fits, but i have my doubt.s

Try and get the thick one they are very good .

ST4

Thanks a lot for that info ST4! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSN:s CG seems to be higher than the cartel one ?

It fits a little above the cartel case or ?

DSN 089, DSN 086, DSN 091, DSN 165 and DSN 240 are all auto titanium cased (and I have all of them).

DSN 082, DSN 036, DSN 172 and DSN 177 are some manual titanium which I have, or will have shortly (172).

Wow that's one hell of a Titanium collection you've got going on there Drulee any chance of a group shot?

So firstly do you know if the 240CG fits on a standard case?

Is your 177 an H series with a thick CG?

Is the 172 a titanium CG? Its hard to tell, I can't imagine it was Tantulium volcano metal whatever it is on the the GEN.

Sorry for missing all those Ti's I was under the impression DSN didn't make the Manual ones anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

the 172 has a polished ss crown guard.

Nope, polished titanium CG, you can really tell the difference in weight between the SS and ti CGs when they've been removed.

ST4, I'll see about taking a group shot, as I've just finished piecing together a 082 and 091 (just need to put the crystal on) :)

Nope, polished titanium CG, you can really tell the difference in weight between the SS and ti CGs when they've been removed.

ST4, I'll see about taking a group shot, as I've just finished piecing together a 082 and 091 (just need to put the crystal on) :)

I don't know my metals your right I'm wrong my wife is right I'm never right! LOL